Make VolumeControl OSD visible everywhere; not only with video playback (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi peeps,

I was wondering if there is a way to get the volume control OSD visible everywhere in Mediaportal. Now it works only when wathcing live tv/movies/tv series.

I like to see the current volume also when I'm in basichome by example or when playing music.

It doesn't work also when I'm watching a video with OnlineVideos.

I have tried some 3th party software like 3RVX but I have some troubles with it. When playing a game and I adjust the volume control, the game is going minimized by example..

So I like to use the inbuild volume OSD.

Any idea?

FreakyJ

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    there is also a branch from silentException ;) But I think it is not up to date :confused:
    I tried it some years ago, but had some issues with his patch, but maybe I allied it wrong, however some weeks after my test he silently left the team...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should I create a non-planned Mantis entry about this? Maybe some other dev can pick it up for MP 1.5, MP 1.6, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    There's an auto3d updated available in a post, don't have thats under my hand right now, but yiu can use it, arion_p fixed it [emoji106] Glads it was working for you [emoji106] Tapatalk
    There's an auto3d updated available in a post, don't have thats under my hand right now, but yiu can use it, arion_p fixed it...
    Dear support, After upgrading from 1.22 to either 1.23 or 1.24 all movies or videos I play only shows black screen. Audio is fine...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes, better there.
    Yes, better there.
    NOTE: Original post edited to update on each issue. Hi all, This is my first post on here, having just come from a fairly well...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom