Make website more attractif to new people. (1 Viewer)

rpm

Portal Pro
November 21, 2006
Home Country
Argentina Argentina
i'm with the option for changing the page style, but obviously this is a very hard work and needs time and knowledge.

But i also agree with the thing that MP's page have to show more of the MP features and i think that could be easily done by making a demostration video like the ones on showcase link. The video should show the main features of MP and some of the best plugin., and just added to the front page.

But...those are my feelings... hope this helps...

Cheers

4ga

March 27, 2006
Personally I like the website just fine. I look at a quite a few open source projects from time to time (mostly for work), and generally most of the websites are horrible.
Generally there are a few things I look for when looking at a new project:
A summation of the project on the first page, what does it do, what are the projects goals.
Screen shots, a picture is worth 1000 words, does it look easy to use, does it look like what I want.
User forums, is there an active user community, or am I on my own.
If it pass all this I will probably download it and give it a try, nice to have an easy direct link, and decent installer is a definite plus.

As for Mediaportal it meets all these criteria, only thing I would say would be nice to have a direct link to the forum from the front page (ok so I need to add a bookmark, just too slack) and too bad can't get www.mediaportal.com (had to google for the site first 3 month of using it).

I guess I'm a bit of a computer geek so maybe I look for different things than the average end user, but yeah MP website rates well with me.

another of my fav open source projects, that I think has a good website is:
http://cacti.net/

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ...As for Mediaportal it meets all these criteria, only thing I would say would be nice to have a direct link to the forum from the front page (ok so I need to add a bookmark, just too slack) and too bad can't get www.mediaportal.com (had to google for the site first 3 month of using it)...

Take a look at the COMMUNITY button/area at the top (next to: HOME, ABOUT, FEATURES, SUPPORT, CONTRIBUTE) Community is the link to the forums.

4ga

March 27, 2006
    Ha ha Thanks for that, as soon as I wrote that I thought there is probably one there I just miss it, and that every one will think me a fool lol.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    np, youre not the only one having problems with 'community' on first sight. No idea why but feedback is full of questions about where to find the forum ;)
    I may change that back to 'forum'...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom