making a conestant BT878KHF card work....sorta

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by firemaker, September 16, 2005.

1. firemaker

firemaker Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wanted to see how I liked mediaportal, I also did trials with all sorts of others. I have been using my pc for a media center since 98 with a old conestant capture card. I was digitizing my collection of old music videos from VHS lol. well the old card still does timeshift, record in mpg2 or 1 or avi like xvid and 3ivx ect, but I wanted to get the whold effect of mediaportal and found that it was a obsolete card, MCE said so too, snapstream was compatible but I saw the footprint it stomped in my registry and almost formated my hard drive to get rid of the diseased viral program!
    anyhow, I am going to bite the bullett and get a new hardware card soon ,but I did manage to get this one working, it crashes now and then but I will put up the settings, just in case someone out there wants to give mediaportal a spin before they decide to update their hardware.

this is the driver I used on the card, I guess I could have croped the sexy girls on my toolbar out, but this post needed a little window dressing

[​IMG]

my PC's perspective of it after it installed, the audio driver reflected the same info

[​IMG]

I told mediaportal a little lie about me having a H/W card but I didn't use the settings for viewing or recording

[​IMG]

and this is the rest of my settings all on the S/W card settings

[​IMG]

there may be other issues I didn't have to deal with such as my codecs are very close to the recomended ones listed in the codec forum, I guess I figured out a long time ago that the less codecs you install the better it works, so long as you can watch all your videos.

I drink a toast to all the people that know what they are doing to make this the best media compiling software I found on the net. thank you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Smirnuff

Smirnuff Portal Pro

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Is the brunette a dude with implants? If not then she should avoid getting stuck behind people's etched lines because it makes her look like a man.

4. firemaker

firemaker Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it looked good to me lol
    I am blind and my dog is dead, good thing is, I haven't seen a fugly woman in years
    hope ya like this one better

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!