making a conestant BT878KHF card work....sorta (1 Viewer)

firemaker

Portal Member
September 15, 2005
I wanted to see how I liked mediaportal, I also did trials with all sorts of others. I have been using my pc for a media center since 98 with a old conestant capture card. I was digitizing my collection of old music videos from VHS lol. well the old card still does timeshift, record in mpg2 or 1 or avi like xvid and 3ivx ect, but I wanted to get the whold effect of mediaportal and found that it was a obsolete card, MCE said so too, snapstream was compatible but I saw the footprint it stomped in my registry and almost formated my hard drive to get rid of the diseased viral program!
anyhow, I am going to bite the bullett and get a new hardware card soon ,but I did manage to get this one working, it crashes now and then but I will put up the settings, just in case someone out there wants to give mediaportal a spin before they decide to update their hardware.

this is the driver I used on the card, I guess I could have croped the sexy girls on my toolbar out, but this post needed a little window dressing

my PC's perspective of it after it installed, the audio driver reflected the same info

I told mediaportal a little lie about me having a H/W card but I didn't use the settings for viewing or recording

and this is the rest of my settings all on the S/W card settings

there may be other issues I didn't have to deal with such as my codecs are very close to the recomended ones listed in the codec forum, I guess I figured out a long time ago that the less codecs you install the better it works, so long as you can watch all your videos.

I drink a toast to all the people that know what they are doing to make this the best media compiling software I found on the net. thank you.

firemaker

Portal Member
September 15, 2005
Smirnoff said:
Is the brunette a dude with implants? If not then she should avoid getting stuck behind people's etched lines because it makes her look like a man.
it looked good to me lol
I am blind and my dog is dead, good thing is, I haven't seen a fugly woman in years
hope ya like this one better

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom