Making a skin? Include the folder graphic source. (1 Viewer)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I just wanted to point out that if you include the source of the image used to make the icon view folder, it makes making a nice looking folder.jpg image a lot easier.

For example, if you include a graphic with a folder on an angle as in the MCE skin, users can place an image on the bottom layer, to make a sweet looking folder.jpg.

A

Anonymous

jadz said:
I just wanted to point out that if you include the source of the image used to make the icon view folder, it makes making a nice looking folder.jpg image a lot easier.

For example, if you include a graphic with a folder on an angle as in the MCE skin, users can place an image on the bottom layer, to make a sweet looking folder.jpg.

I am not sure what you are asking, is there something you would like to see added in the MCE skin or is this somthing general for the others? Just wanted to understand if you wanted me to include somthing in the MCE skin (I just woke up... I might be a bit slow... yes I am certain... I am slow this morning... zzz ) :D

A

Anonymous

I think that Jadz wants to apply a folder picture to the front of the folder - as though there was a photo stuck to the front of your folder - does this make sense?

Having your photoshop source files with any layers it contains would potentially make this possible - though this assumes that this is how you created your folder images.....

I guess if there were someone with clever gfx coding skills this could be done in code....could even provide a "choose my folder highlight image wizard" similar to the way some of these web based gallery products work (such as .net "ngallery" or .php "gallery").

But now I am getting carried away...

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
goosey said:
I think that Jadz wants to apply a folder picture to the front of the folder - as though there was a photo stuck to the front of your folder - does this make sense?

Goosey has it right.

If the folder image had a cutout in the front of the folder, and placed on a locked layer I could put an image on a layer below the folder, and it would make for a nice clean folder.jpg.

A

Anonymous

jadz said:
goosey said:

Goosey has it right.

If the folder image had a cutout in the front of the folder, and placed on a locked layer I could put an image on a layer below the folder, and it would make for a nice clean folder.jpg.

I made a graphic sdk for the MCE skin. If that's the one you are using then grab this file: http://hem.bredband.net/b244633/downloads/visual_SDK.zip

If I recall right I put the original psd files for folders in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom