[Usability] Manage/Import Optical Movie Disk in MP : Media Stub Extension support (4 Viewers)

Do you want this feature to be included, in future release (ticked what you have need only)

• Total voters

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    yeah, but nobody is interested, for me is an good thing because, i don't want rip my disc to my nas ... except mayb children movie ... ( for life saver)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah, but nobody is interested, for me is an good thing because, i don't want rip my disc to my nas ... except mayb children movie ... ( for life saver)

But 50% is not "nobody" ;)
    For me this feature would be a consequential improvement of optical media playback.
    If you would follow the agrumentation of the opponents you could remove optical media playback alltogether from MP.

Just my 2 cents.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, but the only thing, for to be integrate in MP is more vote from user.

Maybe more would vote if they would even know about it.
    For me I found this thread more by accident.
    I just read the subject and did not even know what that "stub" thing should be about.

Since MP supports NFO files I began to catalog all my movies on the NAS with NFO files and when
    it came to DVDs and blurays I stopped and asked myself: damn now I'm lost cause I'm not
    able to do the same for those medias. Then I found an article on the XMBC wiki explaining
    what they offer to solve the problem. I asked myself: impossible that MP does not offer
    something adequate. That's how I found your thread.

Cheers.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    maybe, you can say me what is the best title, english is not my native language ...

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Sorry but I did not any CD/DVD device in MePo clients because I don't have any CD/DVD's.
    All movies are in my server and I use only share view so I don't have big experience in the title view/IMDB. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom