Manual - Play DTS - cue-file support (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!

Big :D for your Plugin? But i have a few questions, please help:

1. Is there a manual or a documentation, how to configure the plugin?
    2. I like to listen DTS - Discs, ripped as an wav - image to my HD, but it doesn't work. Is it possible, to give a "step by step - walkthrough", what i have to do, to get this files working?
    3. Does the plugin support Cuecheets?

Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Helios,

Sorry for missing this post.
    I don't have a manual available unfortunately. But if you can be more precise about what problems you encounter, i could help.

cue files are not supported because that would require support in MP itself.

Symphy

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Symphy!

:D for your great Plugins. 5 weeks ago it was only a small issue! I like to listen DTS-Music, but i also like to tag my files. So i converted my DTS Wav-Files to Wav-Pack Images with Cuesheets!. But it works only for the first Track (remember: it was an Image of the whole Disc!) of the Image, then AC3Filter switched back! My Configuration is: PureAudio.mpi 1.4.0(2.0 beta does not work) -> WMPlayer.mpi -> AC3Filter. Wav-Images are working fine!

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok cue files are not supported so it's either the entire CD or nothing :)
    I'm curious though what's not working in pureaudio 0.2.0.0, others might have same problem. Except for the asio engine it's the same as 0.1.4.0. What kind of asio device do you have?

Symphy

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tomorrow i will post logs about that. I hope, i can reproduce it!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Reproducion failed - All seems to work fine!

Hello Symphy!

I don't know why, but Playback of DTS-Wavpack-Images seems to work fine! I have tested it with a few Images and it works! I attach my Logs and Screenshots of my Configuraion!

Best Regards
    Helios

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The old Issue!

First Title of a DTS Wav-Pack-Image works. Second Track AC3Filter doesn't passthrough! Wav-Images are working fine!

Regards Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Helios,

I see you have wavpack routed into the WMPlayer plugin. That means that the pureaudio plugin is currently not used at all when playing those.

The pureaudio plugin and the wmplayer plugin live side by side and it's either the one or the other that plays. Because .wv is on the extensionlist of wmplayer and not on the extensionlist of pureaudio, MP chooses wmplayer.

However i don't understand why the second track inside the .wv should not play correctly... What do you see in mediaportal music screens: the content of the cue sheet (all album tracks) or just one track for the entire album?

Your .ape files are routed into PureAudio. do they play correctly in 0.2.0.0?

Symphy

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!

I see you have wavpack routed into the WMPlayer plugin. That means that the pureaudio plugin is currently not used at all when playing those.
    Yes i did so for testing my DTS-Wavpack-Foles! - But it doesn't work (only first Track)! But when it would work, i don't know, what i should do: I have a lot of "normal" WavPack Images, and about 25 DTS-Files and i like to convert them to Wavpacks, because Wavpack is AFAIK the only Lossless-Kompressor, which can handle more then 2 Channels. I think, the only way is back to Wav-Format - without Tagging :( !

However i don't understand why the second track inside the .wv should not play correctly... What do you see in mediaportal music screens: the content of the cue sheet (all album tracks) or just one track for the entire album?
    Me Too! But i think, this is not the Problem of MP or your Plugins. I have to ask in EAC- or Hydrogenaudio- Forums!
    I don't see the Cue-Sheet, only the whole file in music screens!
    By the way, same Problem in Media Player Classic!

Your .ape files are routed into PureAudio. do they play correctly in 0.2.0.0?
    Yes - no Problem! One Question: Whats about support for .apl files?

Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom