Manually import Season 1 of "Childrens Hospital" TV Series? (1 Viewer)

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
Hello all,

I recently went to add the TV series "Childrens Hospital" to my database and noticed that I was going to have importing issues.

The show originally aired on the internet as 10 five minute episodes back in 2008, and when it recently went to Adult Swim they merged two episodes into one and added a little fake commercial between episodes, this creating only 5 episodes instead of 10. The TV episodes also have real names instead of "Episode 1" etc. as they were listed when aired online. The admins at thetvdb won't change it to be like the TV airings because they accept web series now. Season 2 however is fine because it is premiering on Adult Swim and was never aired online.

What I want to know is can I possibly manually enter information for those five episodes of Season 1 into the Series? I could not see any sort of manual importing options in the TV Series plugin, and the import wizard did not detect those 5 episodes. I hope this hasn't been asked before, but I have a feeling it may have been. I tried searching for a solution in the forums here and I didn't see anything that explained a process if it is possible.

Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello all,

I recently went to add the TV series "Childrens Hospital" to my database and noticed that I was going to have importing issues.

The show originally aired on the internet as 10 five minute episodes back in 2008, and when it recently went to Adult Swim they merged two episodes into one and added a little fake commercial between episodes, this creating only 5 episodes instead of 10. The TV episodes also have real names instead of "Episode 1" etc. as they were listed when aired online. The admins at thetvdb won't change it to be like the TV airings because they accept web series now. Season 2 however is fine because it is premiering on Adult Swim and was never aired online.

What I want to know is can I possibly manually enter information for those five episodes of Season 1 into the Series? I could not see any sort of manual importing options in the TV Series plugin, and the import wizard did not detect those 5 episodes. I hope this hasn't been asked before, but I have a feeling it may have been. I tried searching for a solution in the forums here and I didn't see anything that explained a process if it is possible.

Thanks!

Delete entire season 1 from database only.

Then rename your existing files from "Childrens Hospital S01E01.avi" into "Childrens Hospital S01E01+02.avi" and do so for the other 4 as well, so you end up with "Childrens Hospital S01E09+10.avi", then rerun the import wizard in MP-TVSeries.

That will fix your problems. It comes from the fact that TheTVdB only goes with the original order, dozens if not thousands of users at that moment depends on that order. So if some DVD company or syndication channel decides to change things and some zealous new user thinks that 'new' order should be the correct, the original users are going to be upset. That is why you see many locked seasons or even entire shows, because of these edit-wars with somebody else thinking their order is better.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Even though that allows me to split an episode into two different episodes in TV Series, there is still no way that I know of to tell the second episode to begin at the time frame that it actually starts at. Because of how things are handled at thetvdb for this series, which is understandable as you explained in your previous post, I don't see how I will ever be able to properly scrape the info for Season one unless I were to split each episode into two separate files... or if I can just manually enter every piece of information myself somehow into my TV Series database, which I am completely unsure of how to do :(

I appreciate your help as always RoChess, and if this is too complicated of an issue to deal with, then I'll try and figure out something else on my own. I'm not sure where to begin if that's the case, unless the folks over at thetvdb let me create a separate series for the televised episodes (which I doubt they would).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Even though that allows me to split an episode into two different episodes in TV Series, there is still no way that I know of to tell the second episode to begin at the time frame that it actually starts at. Because of how things are handled at thetvdb for this series, which is understandable as you explained in your previous post, I don't see how I will ever be able to properly scrape the info for Season one unless I were to split each episode into two separate files... or if I can just manually enter every piece of information myself somehow into my TV Series database, which I am completely unsure of how to do :(

I appreciate your help as always RoChess, and if this is too complicated of an issue to deal with, then I'll try and figure out something else on my own. I'm not sure where to begin if that's the case, unless the folks over at thetvdb let me create a separate series for the televised episodes (which I doubt they would).

Not sure what your problem is? If the file is a merge of both episodes, and you want to be able to watch them seperate, then you need to either split them apart via AVI Mux GUI or an alike tool.

But that doesn't make sense, unless you plan to watch the serie out of order. Otherwise watching the entire dual-episode will mark both episodes as watched because MP-TVSeries has marked them as such. And you can always use MediaPortal easy shortcuts to jump to the halfway point fast. Or remux the files as MKV and setup chapters when 2nd episode starts, because u can skip to next chapter with single remote button click (or use context menu).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom