Map Tuning Channel to Guide Channels - What am I missing? (2 Viewers)

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    NEWBIE WARNING!
    I searched the forum back to 2007 with no luck so I know I must be missing something really simple (and will regret this question) but I am going to have to ask.
    How do I map a Tuning Channel to more than one Guide Channel in XmlTv?
    Basically to get an HD Guide Channel to show the standard channel Guide listings.
    For example I cannot Webgrab a UK BBC2 HD listing from radiotimes so I thought to simply map BBC2 Tuning Channel to BBC2 HD Guide Channel in TV Server Configuration would do the trick.
    Obviously this is not as easy as I thought it would be because although the action is accepted no data is shown in the EPG.
    Any help would be gratefully received.
    Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

How do I map a Tuning Channel to more than one Guide Channel in XmlTv?
    That doesn't make sense. Do you mean the other way around?

For example I cannot Webgrab a UK BBC2 HD listing from radiotimes so I thought to simply map BBC2 Tuning Channel to BBC2 HD Guide Channel in TV Server Configuration would do the trick.
    Obviously this is not as easy as I thought it would be because although the action is accepted no data is shown in the EPG.
    So let me see if I've got this right.
    You're using WebGrabPlus to create an XMLTV file which you import using TV Server's XMLTV plugin.
    The XMLTV file contains guide data for BBC2, but not for BBC2 HD. Therefore when you imported the file you only got guide data for BBC2.
    You want to use the BBC2 data for both BBC2 and BBC2 HD.

If I've understood correctly, you need to:
    1. Update the mapping in the XMLTV plugin. Ensure that the BBC2 and BBC2 HD "tuning channels" are both linked to the BBC2 "guide channel".
    2. Reimport the guide data (first tab in the XMLTV plugin).
    The second step is really important. If you don't do that, the BBC2 HD data won't show until you update the XMLTV file.

technoweary

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Easy when you know how!!!
    Thank you for your reply, you nailed the problem I was having.
    Because I am learning / testing my first install of MediaPortal I only had one days listings grabbed so there was no update to XmlTV. I did another grab and all went well, just as you said.
    ALSO, you are correct to point out that I am mapping more than one Guide Channel to one Tuning Channel, (from a Newbie point of view it's the same difference until you get your head around what is going on!).
    I have been using MS Media Center for many years and it's not until you start to get to grips with MediaPortal that you start to realise how poor MS Media Center is.
    I am already noticing and appreciating MediaPortal as a more superior system and with this first class support I feel I will be ditching MS very soon.
    Thanks again for your help, it's very much appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm glad to have been able to help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom