Mapping stop, pause etc in translator (1 Viewer)

desmond

Portal Pro
August 21, 2013
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Country flag
So my mediaportal 1 server has finally died, needing a new motherboard so i am setting up a clean install with mediaportal 2.1.3. I am having problems with the remotes i used without issue in mediaportal 1. They are VRC1100, and i have 3 of these in my home, on 3 different systems. So i setup the IR server software and using translator i can get the back key mapped to effectively press escape. Most other keys work, but im stuck on stop, pause and a few others. Can anyone help me here? What do i need to do to get that working.

Plan B would be to replace my remotes with a known simple plug and play setup on all 3 pc's Can anyone link me some place i could buy new such a remote. Im in the UK. CHEERS!!

Thanks des.

Starwer

Portal Member
August 27, 2014
Eindhoven
France France
Go to: Commands > User Input > Keystroke Command. In the Text Box, do mousse-right-click. In the contextual menu, you have "Special Keys" where you can select the keys you want to map. The Stop/Pause keys are in "Media Keys" sub-menu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M MP 1.23 Key Mapping Remotes 14
emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
brena MCE Remote Disable Volume Mapping Input / Output interfaces 0
M Guide mapping schedules direct, tvguide, epg buddy How to get correct entry to the correct channel? Electronic Program Guide 0
C How to quickly map scanned channels to other devices? General 1
M Unable to map virtual sent keys in the input device management General 6
N [Proposal] Enhancement: Cell phone input - map * to backspace, and put the extra characters on 1 key instead MediaPortal 2 2
N [Finished] It is possible to map the same key to the same action twice MediaPortal 2 2
N [Finished] [MP2-783] Mapping Ctrl+Right as Next also does Right action when pressed. MediaPortal 2 21
A [solved] MP2 and Remote mappings General 7
D [solved] Map "media keys" on HID device to MP2 actions? General 17
F Blu-Ray Contextual Menu Remote Key/Keyboard Watch / Listen Media 5
toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
mickb [solved] Mediaportal Stops working General Support 5
D [solved] Movie artwork download stopped working Submit: Bug Reports 9
M MP 2.2.3 Unable to play .ts recordings and MediaPortal stops working for TV viewing General 31
ajs [solved] 4982: Why this error hard stop when Mediaportal start? MediaPortal 1 3
rsbrux IR has stopped working Remotes 4
2BitSculptor MP 1.23.. music stops playing General Support 6
M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
fredco [solved] Large import not working Moving Pictures 15
W Recordings will not stop General Support 8
S [solved] Live TV playing stopped General 13
R [solved] Watching a record during recording stops sometimes 2.2 Archive 30
N [confirm] Calling RemoveScheduleForProgramAsync does not stop the recording if it is currently in progress MediaPortal 2 1