Maschine's webscheduler for Media Portal (1 Viewer)

TimmyT

Portal Pro
October 18, 2004
Zurich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
maschine, this looks really good. i'd be glad if you could upload your newest version. i would install it right away...

A

Anonymous

Great Project !

Perhaps it is possible to use files (XML) instead of an sql database to store information - so other plugins have the ability to access them and no sql server (program) needs to be installed.

As an Webser you can use for example homewebserver, a tiny freeware tool with php support.

Guide: http://downstairs.dnsalias.net/uploads/HomeWebServer.pdf

Download: http://downstairs.dnsalias.net/files/homewebserverinstall.exe

Needed PHP to be installed!

So you can offer an complete package for easy installation.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Action Kalle said:
Perhaps it is possible to use files (XML) instead of an sql database to store information - so other plugins have the ability to access them and no sql server (program) needs to be installed.

If you're talking about converting the TV and Music database to XML, its a bad idea as performance will be very slow in comparison.

BTW, it is SQLite, not the full-blown sql server, so it is not really that hard to interface with, just do a google search. Requires no installation either.

Sam

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

WOW, that's a nice feedback. Thanks for the great motivation :) Can't wait to continue work (if only I had some more time the next days :-()

Anyway, please give me some more days. I found some things that have to be cleaned. And if I release a version with lots of nasty bugs, no one would be happy at all... So expect a release on... let's say sunday...

But you all noticed that it currently does not work???

The problem is (as mentioned above) MP does not see changes to the tvdatabase. So you can edit it. but to get your recordings really recorded, you have to go to the recordings section within MP once. Then I think the db is re-scanned and recordings in it are added.

Another thing to discuss would be the webserver. For now I would recommend www.apachefriends.org as they offer a nice all-in-one package with apache server and php which is great for our needs. And the light-version is not that big I think.
    Anyway, a integrated solution with no need for external installation or configuration would be the best. Any ideas?

Thanks for your feedback again ;-)

Maschine

TimmyT

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2004
    Zurich
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi Maschine,

I don't think you need to include a webserver to your plug-in. XAMPP is such an easy-to-install tool that you really can spare the effort and concentrate on your great plug-in! I think everybody is able to install XAMPP, as it only takes a ZIP file to extract and one script to run!

I'm looking forward to next sunday... ;-)

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok guys, it's sunday and it's "release day" ;-)

Grab the .zip-file here.

Some words to the installation:
    -Make sure you have a webserver running a new version of php (I think php 5 is needed but 4 may work also) and sqlite-support. Don't know if you have to install this seperately, because I use xampp which has everything in it.
    Copy all files from the archive to your htdocs-dir and create a subfolder "thumbs" to where you copy your tv icons from mp-directory. Be sure they are named lowercase!
    Finally open data.inc with your favourite text-editor and change the path to your mp-database-dir.
    You're done :)

Have fun testing! Can't wait for your feedback! I'll be on again in the evening.

Maschine

A

Anonymous

This is really cool :)

Works great.
    Very easy to setup with the xampp.

Great work you have done Maschine.

I also tried securing the site with .htaccess, works fine.

Anders

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    hi Maschine

I have made a plugin that allows other programs/websites to communicate with MP. For example, you can find out MP's path, you can change playlists, you can send actions etc. Basically, I can make it control anything in MP.

I can expose this plugin as a web service. I'm wondering if you'd be interested in using this plugin to further your web interface. I know that PHP can communicate with XML web services. For example, I can add in a function into my plugin that refreshes the Recordings list, and after a change in your web interface, you can call the web service which will then update the recordings list in MP.

If you're interested I can give you the plugin so you can play with it. You will need to install the asp.net module into apache though (see http://httpd.apache.org/cli/)

Sam

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    Two questions:

1. I am using TVgenial a german electronic tv magazine, which has a well documented recording interface, it runs scripts when marking a recording or deleting or whatever..
    Inside these scripts I could run applications/DOS commands..

I would love to integrate this with MP.. so I could plan my recordings from there..
    Can you give me any hint how to do it? I think your plugin you are talking about.. would be almost the solution :)

2. A lot of webservers here where recommended.. I run Mp on a WIN XP pro.. which has built in Webserver.. so should'nt I use that one? or should I install one of the others (which one)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom