Mass manual import? (1 Viewer)

asr10 user

Portal Member
April 7, 2010
For some reason a small amount of my TV series dont get detected, even when using TVRenamer first. So I end up with a few seasons I need to manually import one by one. Really a pain, when they should really be detected. But ist here anyway to just say these X files should be series X season X ?

So if I have a folder of The Simpsons season 4, containing 12 files, and every database lists 12 episodes. Can I just assign those 12 files to that season in one shot?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    For some reason a small amount of my TV series dont get detected, even when using TVRenamer first. So I end up with a few seasons I need to manually import one by one. Really a pain, when they should really be detected. But ist here anyway to just say these X files should be series X season X ?

So if I have a folder of The Simpsons season 4, containing 12 files, and every database lists 12 episodes. Can I just assign those 12 files to that season in one shot?

MP-TVSeries relies totally on TheTvDb.com to get information on your collection. So it is important to match it up, so that a proper match can be made. It only needs to match show name and get the proper season and episode numbering, the episode title and all the other information it then obtains from TheTvDb.com website.

You can use the pre-import screen to verify if the shows are matched properly, as they show up in RED when there is a major problem. The FAQ has images to explain this better, as well as instructions on how to ensure proper matching.

Because when the plugin has trouble decyphering the show name and/or season+episode numbering, there are a number of ways to fix this. The easiest way would be to use the string replacement system to compensate, or if you are up for it, the more complex regular expressions.

If your "The Simpsons - Season 4" episodes are not auto-matched up with the right ones, then you have a deeper problem going on, fixing that is what you should be after, that way any future show will then not suffer the same fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom