G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: RC3 - SVN Build 16485 (2007-11-09 / 0:56 CET)
    MediaPortal Skin: B2W
    Windows Version: Windows XP Prof SP2
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350
    HDD: Samsung HD252KJ 250 GB
    Memory: 2 GB G.E.I.L. DDR2-667
    Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM/HDMI
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: onboard
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: onboard
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy 1200
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV: Samsung LE27S7
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I just updated my main HTPC from some 0.2.2-svn to the current RC3 with tonights SVN (see above). It configured fine and starts without any problems. But when I'm in any view with a bunch of graphics (doesn't matter if music, movies or tvseries) and scroll the list/bigicon/whatever to a point where he has to refresh the list, he just hangs up and fires the log with a DirectX error:

Code:
    2007-11-09 22:06:53.734375 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception   :Error in the application.
    -2005530585 (D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2007-11-09 22:06:53.734375 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception   :Error in the application.
    2007-11-09 22:06:53.734375 [ERROR][MPMain]:   site      :Void PresentInternal(Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, Microsoft.DirectX.PrivateImplementationDetails.tagRECT*, IntPtr)
    2007-11-09 22:06:53.750000 [ERROR][MPMain]:   source    :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2007-11-09 22:06:53.750000 [ERROR][MPMain]:   stacktrace:   at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, IntPtr overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.PresentInternal(tagRECT* sourceRectangle, tagRECT* destRectangle, Control overrideWindow)
       at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.Present()
       at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

And this not only once... it's more like 50times the same entry (error.log up to 500KB with the same error). I just updated DirectX with the newest version of MS, which didn't help. On my dev-machine an older SVN with RC3 runs without any problems. Only "special" of the HTPC is the onboard graphic chip which runs fine with every other app.

Best regards
    G.B. Wolf

Edit: I also tested with different skins (B2W, Xface, monochrome).

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Any questions? ;)
    Yep... what has changed between 0.2.2-svn and 0.2.3-RC3 in the DirectX handling so that now that error occurs?

Would be nice if you tell other users which drivers are to avoid.
    I've to check the exact version. It's an ATI catalyst of the last months. Seems that the problem is already known somehow (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/xface_freeze_problem_help-t30452.html?t=30452&highlight=catalyst). But sticking at an old catalyst version like 7.2 cannot be a solution forever. Especially for the next stable release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom