Massive video stutters on NUC i3 Haswell (1 Viewer)

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just wondering if you solved your problems.
I have massive Problems with my NUC's since i use v1.9 of MePo. Especially when watching Live-HDTV.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Hi @darkside40 ,
    yes (at least for now), but I'm no 100% sure what was really the reason for the stutter. Even with disabled C9/C10 the stutter was still occurring. I took then the advice from @HTPC_Sourcer and observed with perfmon the CPU usage. Find out, that ComSkip is using much CPU when watching Live-HDTV. Disabled ComSkip, stutters still occurs.. Then I observed just when the stutter has started, the mouse pointer have also freezes (after closing MP). Googled a bit about that and found out that some people had also the same problem having the same ssd as me (Intel 330) running win7 x64. So I contacted Intel support, they told me to upgrade drivers with a nice tool: http://www.intel.com/p/de_DE/support/detect
    I was up to date with the important drivers, there was lan, audio and the IR driver which had to be updated. I also switched the AHCI driver from MS to Intel (rapid storage). After that (about two weeks ago) the stutters has gone :) But I agreed with the Intel support, in case that the stutter comes back I can RMA the ssd :)
    Bottom line: I'm sure that this is not a MP problem, but rather a hardware/software/driver problem. Looking at your sig, I would guess its a hardware problem as you use the nuc atom version ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom