[Approved] Master Volume and Master Volume mute in Vista and above. (1 Viewer)

bubsy83

Portal Pro
July 28, 2010
Brecon
Home Country
Wales Wales
how do i install this patch?

Hi there.

You have to compile it by yourself With Visual Studio.
Or I can compile it for you. You can then copy provided dll into Mp installation folder.
Backup existing core.dll before overwriting with my version.

You are using 1.2Beta I see. Is this correct?

I cannot build it for you, before late in evening, cos Im at work now.

Br,

If you could do that it would be great.
I am using 1.2 beta

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks will check this one out too, as I go in and out of MP quite a lot some days, nice for if i had muted on last exit ;)

jonywee

Portal Member
    September 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've applied the OP's patch to MediaPortal 1.2.1. Please find the binaries attached.

The patch is a bit sluggish for me, but for the rest it's perfect. I use a dedicated HTPC and don't like to get out of my couch to adjust the master volume. :D

Attachments

• MediaPortal 1.2.1 Master Volume Patch.zip
      2.2 MB

Stefan1000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Master Volume and Master Volume mute in Vista and above.

Your patch works great for me. Thank you

enanno

Portal Member
    April 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've applied the OP's patch to MediaPortal 1.2.1. Please find the binaries attached.

The patch is a bit sluggish for me, but for the rest it's perfect. I use a dedicated HTPC and don't like to get out of my couch to adjust the master volume. :D

Thank you for this. Just what I needed.
    But I have noticed that the volume-up gets a little "stuck", and sometimes it's impossible to rise it up. The volume-down is perfect.

Any chance to improve it?
    Thanks again.
    :)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

But I have noticed that the volume-up gets a little "stuck", and sometimes it's impossible to rise it up. The volume-down is perfect.

Thanks again.

Hi.

could you try to change the scaling on mediaportal configuration->general->Volume Settings.

Br,
    -te3hpurp-

enanno

Portal Member
    April 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Thanks again.

Hi.

could you try to change the scaling on mediaportal configuration->general->Volume Settings.

Br,
    -te3hpurp-

Just tried (all the options). Always works the same way.
    I have to push volume-up key a lots of times to rise the volume one step, however I only have to push the volume-down key once for one step.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Thanks again.

Hi.

Br,
    -te3hpurp-

Just tried (all the options). Always works the same way.
    I have to push volume-up key a lots of times to rise the volume one step, however I only have to push the volume-down key once for one step.

Hi.

I investigated this behavior, and yes I can see it too. The problem is not actually in this patch at all. It is in Mp itself as far as I can see. Event that triggers volume up or down start from Mediaportal application, which then instructs volumehandler process to update volume. Anyway I added some logging and saw that VolumeHandler actually instructs mixer to adjust volume with same value multiple times in a row.

So I need to investigate more and maybe ask some devs to check out this matter.

Br,
    te3hpurp

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom