[Approved] Master Volume and Master Volume mute in Vista and above. (2 Viewers)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

SilentException made some codechanges, and here is core.dll that should work with 1.2.0.
    Remember to backup original before overwriting with this version.

Br,
    te3hpurp

Attachments

• core.zip
      1 MB

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is the onscreen volume slider working correctly for everyone.
    It seems to always be one button press behind.

For example if I hit volume up a couple of times, then volume down once, the osd shows the volume going up one more step but the actual volume is going down. If I then press mute, the osd goes down a step, but the volume is actually muted.
    If I hit mute again, the volume is unmuted but the mute icon appears.

I compiled from the ZIP of the github branch that is referenced above.

Not sure if logs help, but attached anyway.

P.S.
    The Volume no longer gets stuck, so well done.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Where are you seeing this behavior? In video full screen windows? Can you make a video of it happening? I cannot reproduce this.

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It happens in both TV and video sections, fullscreen and windowed, by remote or keyboard.

I might try a clean install with core.dll provided above and see if it is a compile problem (used msbuild batch files).

Will get back to you tomorrow.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    But where are you observing volume changes? AFAIK, there is no volume slider visible inside MediaPortal in windowed (not full screen video)?

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    See Attached.

Edit: This is actually the "Release_1.2.x branch" on github with volume patches applied, perhaps volume on windowed mode has been added. The problem is also on the "/FEAT-3635-Master_volume_control_for_Vista_and_above" branch version I had installed earlier today.

Attachments

• volume.jpg
      volume.jpg
      132.7 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes, that's the full screen video window. The slider in this window might be the one having/causing proble. If you observe Windows mixer, then everything is controlled as it should be?

BTW, when i said "full screen video windows" that means what you have on the screenshot. It doesn't matter if MediaPortal itself is full screen or windowed. It is showing full screen video window (be it TV or local/online video) ;)

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The remote controls the volume perfectly, it's the slider on the screen that is delayed in what it's showing.

When the volume slider is showing after pressing volume up, then pressing mute, the slider will increment one step up instead of showing the mute icon, even though the sound is muted. Pressing mute again will bring the sound back, but the mute icon will show up. So the OSD is showing one button press behind what the remote is doing to the volume mixer.

BTW te3hpurp - Core.dll didn't seem to work on "1.2.0 final" or "1.2.1 final". Just tried installing both, but options greyed out in config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom