Maya for MP2 (1 Viewer)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
January 21, 2010
Braunschweig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey there,

does anyone take part in that competition for a MP2-skin? Maybe it's possible to make a Maya like skin with even new features in controling and menustructure?

If not: is anyone interested in doing so? I would be, but don't know if I got that much time to get a skin working (even though it is not needed to make a compelte skin, but more of a usable mockup)

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya for MP2

hehe, i think in the next Time not comes a version for MP2.

This skins must coded in a complete new code language as in the MP1 version.

The Mokups comes from Joostzilla not from any Users:)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I for one would love to see a version of Maya, or something similar for MP2 :)

Just a shame I don't have the time of the skills to help.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MP2 is at least 1 year in the future and even when it's release i will take time to code and maybe not all will switch before it's stable.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP2 is at least 1 year in the future and even when it's release i will take time to code and maybe not all will switch before it's stable.

They certainly won't if there isn't a good skin. This really is a chicken and egg situation, so we all need to stop making excuses. The team need good enthusiastic designers, hence the competition.

Mark

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Maya for MP2

At the moment it will be difficult to find a skin for the MP 2. Not everyone can be a new Code language and there are still a lot to emulate on the MP 1 and therefore will not create any immediate Skinner a new skin for MP2.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

They certainly won't if there isn't a good skin. This really is a chicken and egg situation, so we all need to stop making excuses. The team need good enthusiastic designers, hence the competition.

Mark

Yes, but still way out in the future. Much can change and happen :)

And as dlarge500 says, not everyone can read native code to make a skin from that.

J

joostzilla

I guess its wise to let someone who has the the ability to code a MP2 skin port the best MP1 skin to MP2. (perhaps with some adjustments to use MP2 's features) That gives a great base to work from. Which skin that should be should be decided by the community.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If someone did port a MPI skin to MP2 (maya would be a good candidate, IMO) and documented how it was done, I'd think that it could serve as a nice tutorial to the MP2-skin engine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom