MCE 2005 IR Blaster, STB and myblaster plugin (1 Viewer)

Bat121

July 16, 2005
Hi there,

I've just got an MCE remote, which works fine in MP but I can't seem to use the IR blaster on it...

mcelearn produces "Failed to find blaster" in the mcelearn.log file

I think this is because my MCE transceiver appears to be different from the rest of them, it has 3 IR blaster connections instead of two (perhaps a new model?) It has a code of RFO-HF-MS printed on a label on the bottom.

The actual remote is a european model.

I'd be most grateful for some assistance.

Cheers

Here's some info on my config:

Area: Plugins / Other
MP Version: 0.1.3.0pre
Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2 all latest patches
CPU Type: AMD Athlon64 3500+
Memory: 1GB (2x512MB DDR400)
Motherboard Chipset: nVidia nForce4
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 6600
Video Card Driver: forceware 77.72
Video Render Type: VMR9
Video Codec Type & Version: Mpeg2Dec
Audio Codec Type & Version: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
TV Card: Hauppage MCE500
TV Card Type: hardware
TV Card Driver: 2.0.30.23074
Optional Log: see below

Synopsis: mcelearn/myblaster do not seem to detect the IR blaster on MCE2005 remote. "learn" button is greyed out on myblaster.exe
Remote shows in device manager as "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver"
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mcelearn.log
16/07/2005 3:40:11 p.m. FormLearn.FormLearn_Load: Failed to find blaster

Log from myblaster.exe /dump
16/07/2005 3:49:54 p.m. Form1.LoadConfig: Could not find file "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\myblaster.dat".
16/07/2005 3:49:54 p.m. Device.FindDevice: \\?\usb#vid_03ee&pid_2501#mi000moj#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi Bat121 and welcome -

I've added the device information you have provided to the MyBlaster code, the latest can be found here. Let me know how it goes please.

I'm eager to know more about your receiver, do you have a picture that you can link?

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Bat121

July 16, 2005
Hi Smirnoff,

Thanks for responding so quickly!

the new myblaster.exe appears to be working now, it's learning the codes, and testing appears to be ok (let me know if you want the myblaster.dat file and logs) I had to plug the IR blaster cable into port 2 on the receiver.

I haven't yet got the plugin working in mediaportal, but I haven't had much time to play with it. I'll post further results once I get it going..

Pictures are here: http://batpix.orcon.net.nz/DSCF0007.JPG and http://batpix.orcon.net.nz/DSCF0008.JPG

Cheers

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi Bat121 -

Glad to hear that its working(ish) for you, I would be greatful if you could post the log and your a link to your myblaster - we're trying to build a database of configs to make it easier to setup for first time users but so far only Boris has sent me a config. If you do post a link to your myblaster could you include some details such as what the make/model of the STB, service type etc.

I'm really curious about that receiver of yours, does it have Microsoft printed anywhere on the upper body? Also, does the remote look the same as MP's photo in config?

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Bat121

July 16, 2005
Hi Smirnoff,

After having a bit of a play with it, I think I'm not quite sure where I should be putting the blaster.dat file (is it supposed to be in the same directory as the dll? - I can see that it is trying to use port 1 in the log when I have set port 2 in the myblaster.dat file)

anyway, linkies:

log file http://batpix.orcon.net.nz/MediaPortal.log
myblaster.dat http://batpix.orcon.net.nz/myblaster.dat

The myblaster.dat file is for a Sky TV (New Zealand) digital STB - model is a Zenith DTH310-4

The remote receiver doesn't have microsoft printed anywhere on it... the remote looks identical to the european model remote in MP (except mine is black, not silver)

Cheers

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
I think I'm not quite sure where I should be putting the myblaster.dat

It should be placed in the root of your MP installation folder, the default being C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

PS Thanks for the config file, we now have a massive database consisting of 2 configs :(.

G

G0dSmack@comcast.net

MCE Remote V1 and receiver/STB

I am trying to get the myblaster plugin to work as well. I am able to get the myblaster app to learn some codes. I am assuming that I am supposed to get it to learn the STB codes. It learns the codes and then when I test it does not send anything. I have tried both ports for the IR, and nothing.

B

Borris

I'm having the same problem as Bat121, in that mcelearn can't find the blaster (logs below)

I already have MCE working (but hate the fact that it whores memory), so I would guess that there is a config file somewhere that might show the correct data.

What other info would I need to post to resolve this?

MyBlaster.log
Code:
19/09/2005 07:25:53 Form1.LoadConfig: Could not find file "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\myblaster.dat".
19/09/2005 07:25:53 Device.FindDevice: \\?\usb#vid_1509&pid_9242#fi0004gq#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}
mcelearn.log
Code:
19/09/2005 06:42:31 FormLearn.FormLearn_Load: Failed to find blaster

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi -

The vendor and device information have been added to both the learning application and the plugin, they can be downloaded here.

As before, we would be greatful if you could provide a link to your working myblaster.dat along with some basic information about the service you are using it with, the make and model of STB etc.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Also, does the receiver have the usual Microsoft branding?

The MCE receiver on my development machine stopped working recently so I took it apart and stared at it for a while, which seems to have fixed the problem, but of interest to those with soldering urges, it looks as though you could purchase two extra surface mount jack units and hook them up to potentially get access to 4 blaster ports?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom