MCE 2005 IR Blaster, STB and myblaster plugin (2 Viewers)

timtim

Portal Member
September 29, 2005
Hi everybody!

I've got the same problem but other entry in my logfiles.

myblaster.log
29.09.2005 20:18:44 Form1.LoadConfig: Could not find file "C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\myblaster.dat".
29.09.2005 20:18:44 Device.FindDevice: \\?\usb#vid_0471&pid_0815#ph0012yr#{7951772d-cd50-49b7-b103-2baac494fc57}

mcelearn.log
29.09.2005 20:01:16 FormLearn.FormLearn_Load: Failed to open blaster (5)

When I start myblaster.exe I get an unhandled exception in the NET Framework. I've got an European Model of the MCE Remote (Remote and Receiver 1.0A, Model 1040.

Tim

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
Right i've been struggling on but managed to get myblaster to learn the commands. When I test the commands they are firing the IR Blasters nicely.

So I thought right this is it. Fire up Media Portal and when I click on the Bravo channel (104 on my STB) in My TV the blaster will blast this number and I'm away... WRONG it just won't even attemp, yet it will do in test mode in the configuration screen??!!?? WHY OH WHY OH WHY!!!!!!!!!

I'm about to throw my PC out of the window and I might go with it!!

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
Please please please please please please please please please help me here... I'm really struggling now. Why will my blaster emit in test mode but not once i'm in media portal itself?? Am I missing a setting somewhere when I set my SVHS channel up to control my STB??? please help, i'm going mad... :(

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Run Mediaportal setup and go into the TV section, in your channel list click a channel and then click edit, on the last tab (external) change to received by set top box and enter the channel number.

HTH

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
I've set that up, but it only flashes in test mode. As soon as I enter media portal and go to one of the STB channels in the guide it doesn't flash and change channel as it should. Its the last thing I need to get working.

I appreciate any more help.

Thanks.

astrocreep

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
Same prob

dutchio said:
I've set that up, but it only flashes in test mode. As soon as I enter media portal and go to one of the STB channels in the guide it doesn't flash and change channel as it should. Its the last thing I need to get working.

I appreciate any more help.

Thanks.

I seem to be having the same problem. I have all of my channels set to external, and they have a channel number assigned for the set top box. I am using the us version of the mce remote.

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
I've got the European MCE remote but that shouldn't make any difference. If we are both havin trouble gettin the emitters to work in MP but can in the test mode then it sounds like the MyBlaster plugin aint up to much. I really don't wanna go down the HIP route cus it slows my PC up. Hopefully someone will help us on here and get the ruddy thing working. Surely someone has had this problem and found a way to overcome it????

swifty

Portal Pro
January 6, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am having problems with the plugin too.. i can get it to blast codes but it won't learn the sky remote properly.. I've even purchased an rf2link to eliminate the possibility interferance at the blaster.. but still no joy :cry:
Only this stopping me from switching from MCE is this. :roll:

dutchio

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Derby
I've cracked it!! :D

Disabled all other remote programs like HIP and then copied the contents of the myblaster zip file into 'plugins/process' folder instead of 'plugins/windows' folder. Media Portal is now making the emitter flash when I flick through the NTL channels in the EPG. Problem now is the box aint changing. I got one of the new silver Samsung NTL boxes. Has anyone got one of these and can it actually be controlled by MyBlaster?? I know there can bve differences in IR, IdR and RF etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom