MCE Alternatives? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications' started by ruphus, October 3, 2009.

1. DGMurdockIII

DGMurdockIII Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    boxee - Boxee
    Freevo - Freevo Media Centre | Home Theatre Platform HTPC & PVR (has dvb/tuner cards support)
    GB-PVR - GB-PVR mediacentre. TV, Music, Video, Pictures, DVD (has limited dvb/tuner cards support)
    MeediOS - MeediOS - The HTPC app of the future (has dvb/tuner cards support)
    MediaPortal - MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Home (has dvb/tuner cards support)
    moovida - Moovida, the free media player - play all your files - AVI, mp3, MKV, DivX, MOV, MP4
    XBMC - XBMC

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I think importing your movie collection using movie pictures will require very little user input, and it can actually use the metadata from your MCE install to identify the movie, if you add .xml to the .nfo/.txt file scaning. It will also use folder/backdrop automatically, however yes it will store a copy elsewhere (This is no big deal)

My TV Series, will not use any of your MCE metadata. If you TV Series are nicely named it should pick everything up with very little user input.

Having said that Win 7 MCE correctly setup is sexy and awesome, why would you want to change if you've got everything setup already. Maybe you should use Win 7 32bit.

you should also isntall ffdshow 32bit if your using Win7 MCE, then use a codec editor to make Win7 use ffdshow for audio, this should solve your audio problems. (Did with my brother's HTPC).

From my understanding the best HTPC apps are;

Win7 MCE
    Mediaportal
    XBMC
    GBPVR

I think XBMC should support MCE metadata too

4. BrAtKo

BrAtKo Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hello anyone already tested most of the media softwares and can write quick review please ? My favourites are:

Boxee
    MediaPortal
    MeediOS

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!