[solved] MCE RC6 IR remote control not working in Win Server 2016 (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It would be nice if there was a list of mappings of what each MCE-remote button is *supposed* to do, so I can check. (for instance, the "power" button doesn't bring up the schutdown menu of MP2.)
    The following page probably contains more information about the Microsoft MCE Remote Control than you ever wanted to know:

Using a Microsoft remote control in Windows - Official Kodi Wiki

As regards the remote control's POWER button, my understanding is that this button is treated by Windows as the SLEEP button, and as such cannot be remapped by applications. I have not used EventGhost, but AutoHotKey never sees this button being pressed. I think that the only place to define the action of the remote control's POWER button is in the power plan, under "Advanced Settings/Action of SLEEP Button", and the only choices are "Sleep/Hibernate/No-action".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:)

It is certainly usefull and I'll dig into it later, but actually I was referring to what MP2 is supposed to do with the button presses, so I was looking for a list of keyboard shortcuts to see which ones "match" between MCE and MP2 to narrow down what I could expect.
    But I think The_Soluter was working on it in another thread, so I'll search later and probably find the appropriate links there and post them here for completeness.

and BTW I upgraded to the latest release, but nothing new in the MCE department so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom