porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

I have picked up a couple of MCE Remotes (RC6 model) in order to get consistency among my MP server & clients remote controllers. They work fine, and are certainly more responsive than the iMon Pad. However, the one on the main TV server seems too fast.

If I scroll down a list using the direction arrows, instead of one push on the down button equalling one move down a list, it moves down two items. These items could be the TV Guide, TV Series list, or even the TV page. It is as though one push on the direction arrows is doing a double click.

Is there any way to adjust this?

NOTE: The same remote works fine on the client - same settings, identical install.

M

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ^ And if so, make sure that MCE-remote is disabled in config -> remotes. The MCE remote should only be activated one place, otherwise both will forward the command to MP, resulting in "double action".

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm not using IRSS. I have just highlighted the MCE remote in the config section.

Just thinking out loud.. I'm using the supplied USB IR receiver instead of the built in IR receiver on the Atec Fusion case. Perhaps the iMon software (although it is not set for the MCE remote) is also giving an output and thus giving a double click. I'll disable it and try again.

I'll keep you posted.

M.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I have disabled the iMon receiver (actually put a small piece of black insulation tape over the sensor) and this has resolved the problem. MP must have been getting two signals, one from the USB receiver and one from the iMon (built in) receiver.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom