MCE Remote Alphanumeric Text Input (1 Viewer)

alirankine

February 6, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have recently started using MP and getting on with it very well. I have now bought a MCE remote (european version with coloured buttons) and it is working very well. However, I cannot seem to work out how to input text in to search fields using the alphanumeric keypad on the remote (mobile texting style). Whenever I try and cycle through the letters, only numbers come up!

Please let me know if you have had the same problem, or if you know how I can reslve this issue.

Many Thanks

:)

mrkaras

Portal Pro
December 9, 2006
Home Country
as far as I know you need to ues the mediaportal on-screen keyboard, although using the mobile texting style sounds like a good idea.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
I was working on it, but after the idea of the new MP architecture came up, I dropped it again because the work would have been obsolete.

Don't expect it to come in the "classic" MP, but I guess it will find its place in the new MP, whenever (if ever) it comes up.

the_drewster

Portal Member
November 22, 2007
Not quite true! I had letters working out of the box. Installed mp, using mce remote, taps produced letters. Have since installed and uninstalled various remote apps and have since lost the functionality. I want it back! Any idea?

Redfish

Portal Member
December 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have no idea. It has never worked for me. Also the clear button on the MCe remote appears to function as the back key instead of clearing single characters in the input area.

I truely would like to see text input via numbers. It would make using the webbrowser and the wiki and the worldmap plugin so much easier and faster.

kleiner8

Portal Pro
September 4, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

are there any news about text input via remote?

It will be very nice to get a plugin for this.

regards

kleiner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom