MCE Remote and its green button... (1 Viewer)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks guys, and praticularly you Smirnuff for writing it :) My MP PC has no mouse or keyboard attached normally, and if I setup the machine to start MP on bootup then about 75% of the time my wireless connection won't initialize (I have no idea why, it starts up 100% of the time if I don't autostart MP). So until now I had to VNC into the box to start MP. You can see how pushing the green button is much easier :)

Thanks again.

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
Another question :)

Sometimes (most times actually) when I start MP using mptray, MP comes up but is not in the foreground. So I press remote keys and nothing happens. If I VNC in and click anywhere on the screen, then the remote (and MP) works fine. I already have 'MP always on top' selected in the setup. Is there something else I need to set, or maybe is 'always on top' not working?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep happens to me to, but if you press Green Button again Brings Focus onto MP, i have taken this as normal until someone states otherwise as
    no big deal.

8) :D

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Since day one there's been a battle with the focusing of MP after launching with mptray. I did manage to fix the funkiness a while back but it appears to have reared its ugly head again - I too experience it and its very annoying.

I'm not sure if/when I'll have time to look into it but in case anybody would like to look at it sooner MP fires an event (Win32) once startup has completed, mptray waits on this event before forcing MP into the foreground...

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    Paranoid Delusion said:
    Yep happens to me to, but if you press Green Button again Brings Focus onto MP, i have taken this as normal until someone states otherwise as
    no big deal.

8) :D

I tried that, didn't work for me.

I will try and have a look Smirnuff. Maybe at the very least we could add a timer in case the event is never received and if the timer fires bring MP to the foreground. Kind of a failsafe :)

Teaboy

Portal Member
    January 31, 2005
    For me it does come to the foreground - it just makes the annoying windows beep sound whenever I press a button on the remote. I end up just rebooting, it's easier :lol:

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Teaboy said:
    For me it does come to the foreground - it just makes the annoying windows beep sound whenever I press a button on the remote. I end up just rebooting, it's easier :lol:

I just turned off all the Windows system sounds 8)

I also have problems with focus, but it's something I'm happy to live with - this green button thing is the most used feature on my box, and it bloody rocks :D

trailboy

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    London, United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    That's funny...

I started this post asking for help. I got it working very quickly thanks to cheezey's help. I was very happy...

Until it stoped working properly!!! I am experiencing the same behaviour in MP as you guys. I can start MP with the green button but for some reason it looses the focus and does not respond any more to the remote. I have tried many things... MP always on top, MP in fullscreen... None of those settings make MP get the focus...

I can make my remote to work back again by clicking anywhere with the mouse. This is the only way I can give the focus back to MP.

The sad thing is... IT WAS WORKING FINE BEFORE AND IT IS NOT ANY MORE!!!

:-(

Has anyone found a workaround (apart from going into the code and "fixing" the problem)?

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    The mptray source that I have is looking for a mphook project and won't build without it. Does anyone have it?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I agree with Brocklander MPtray is great but windows system sounds suck if you have ever rebooted a pc after everyone else has gone to
    bed and forgot to turn the speakers off, you'll know what i mean.

Ray 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom