MCE remote and wake up from S3 standby? (1 Viewer)

McSeven

Portal Pro
February 24, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi folks,

I seem to have a little difficulty here with the MCE remote. Mainboard is an ASUS P5LD2-VM/C, dualcore 2.4Mhz, 2G Ram. MSI 7300 GForce pci-e video-card.

I just want the PC to wake up from (S3) standby when I press any key on the remote. So far I can just put it to standby by pressing the standby button; but to wake it up, I need to click the mouse or press a keyboard key.

When only going to S1 standby this works, but hd and cpu are not shut down and consume considerable power.

In my bios I switched on the options for various wakre-up events; and the mouse's LED (usb) keeps glowing when in standby. Only the MCE receiver doen't seem to get any power. So can anyone help me with that?

Thanks, Seven

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Some motherboards only provide power to some USB ports in S3. took me a while to work out that even with S3 power set to "on" for USB, only the two ports closest to the keyboard and mouse got power.
    TRy that and see what happens. At least the MCE reciever is easy to fault find, due to the light that indicates a signal even if the PC is asleep ;-)

McSeven

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ah, just tried that... now it works a bit better; it wasn't the port though (all ports of my pc have power when in standby, measured every one *g*); I just accidentally pressend the stand-by button again - and here we go. Apperantly one can only wake the pc up with the standby button and not with any other button (you dont just happen to know how to activate the other buttons :) ?)... THANKS Seven

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom