MCE Remote Control Commands (1 Viewer)

eykssc415

October 20, 2005
Hello...
I am new to Media Portal, I have installed the MCE Remote to work with MP, I want to know if there is any keymaps available to show what each botton does on the remote under MP. I can't seem to figure it out, espeically under MY-TV
Thanks...

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
In MP setup under General, Keys and Sounds there are some mapping items. I never messed with it though because my remote just worked out of the box. I did get the Update Rollup 1 for eHome Infrared Receiver from the MS site.. says for MCE, but it works for XP also.

hellmelt

Portal Member
June 27, 2005
Uppsala, Sweden
chili said:
In MP setup under General, Keys and Sounds there are some mapping items. I never messed with it though because my remote just worked out of the box. I did get the Update Rollup 1 for eHome Infrared Receiver from the MS site.. says for MCE, but it works for XP also.

Really?? I tried that update, and got the message "Your windows language is wrong". Tried to poke in the drivers manually, and the remote does not work... I have XP Home Swedish, could not find the Update Rollup for Swedish (yes, there is a MCE 2005 edition in swedish).

You mean you just double-clicked the Rollup, it installed quietely, and the remote works as a charm? Wish that would happen to me...

/hellmelt

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    AFAIK those rollup packages will only work on English installs. XP Pro SP2 has the drivers natively installed, not sure about Home though. Do you have SP2 installed?

hellmelt

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Back to the topic that the header implies:

When I press "1" on my MCE Remote I get a lot of interesting info about resolution, fps, etc. Where can I get an explanation of the data presented here? Particularily, the fps figure bothers me. I get 48 point something. I would prefer to see 50 (PAL).

When I press the other digits, nothing happens. But the normal behaviour is to change channel when you press a digit. Why not in MP?

/hellmelt

hellmelt

Portal Member
    June 27, 2005
    Uppsala, Sweden
    hellmelt said:
    Back to the topic that the header implies:

When I press "1" on my MCE Remote I get a lot of interesting info about resolution, fps, etc. Where can I get an explanation of the data presented here? Particularily, the fps figure bothers me. I get 48 point something. I would prefer to see 50 (PAL).

When I press the other digits, nothing happens. But the normal behaviour is to change channel when you press a digit. Why not in MP?

/hellmelt

For some reason, the remote works as expected now. But I would like to know how to get the screen with info about resolution and framerate...

But the digits give me channel change, thats good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom