MCE Remote HIP and Media portal (1 Viewer)

sonic-attack

Portal Member
June 20, 2005
UK
I dont know if my blaster plugin will still work as the drivers for the MCE remote have been changed ?

anyone know what the process is in mp when the scheduled channel change happens ?
is mp converting the channel nos to keyboard equivelents ?

a.dimuzio

Portal Member
November 2, 2004
sonic-attack said:
I dont know if my blaster plugin will still work as the drivers for the MCE remote have been changed ?

I would say that if the MyBlaster.exe still finds a blaster (it does not give you an error) than it's fine.

BTW is the myBlaster plugin that is informed of the "channel changed" action and in case of an external channel produce the correct IR signals using the specified blaster (at least for what I've understood from the code :-D ).

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i just into using HIP to turn my TV on/off and it works great !

ive run into a few problems tho....i want to be able to turn the tv off when not using MP...currently it only works when MP is running
    tried to make it a global command, but theres no option for it...perhaps ill look again today

also..i want to control the volume of my TV....not the PC....but it seems when MP has the mce2005 remote enabled..it raises and lowers the PC's volume at the same time as the TV's volume ....*grr*...perhaps i'll have to replace all commands that MP uses

another thing i cant get my head around is standby using the remote with HIP...s1 and s3 ....i believe S3 is a silent standby..whereas s1 is not....
    i can get S3 working..but i cannot "wake" from it...i must first go to device manager and enable my remote control to "wake from standby" under power management...but then i only get S1..which is not silent *ggggrrr* any1 know how to get a "wake"able standby state which is silent

zutcorp

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    Here hoping someone has worked up a workaround of some sort:

here my problem:
    1. I can get HIP to turn on my tv, then press AV ine
    2. I can get MyBlaster to change channels on my sat receiver (YAY- core feature!)

Problem: They won't work at the same time!

It seems Myblaster and HIP won't work together, since HIP won't share the device with myblaster (sob)

Anyone got a workaround?

thanks
    Karsten

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    SiLenTYL said:
    i just into using HIP to turn my TV on/off and it works great !

ive run into a few problems tho....i want to be able to turn the tv off when not using MP...currently it only works when MP is running
    tried to make it a global command, but theres no option for it...perhaps ill look again today

also..i want to control the volume of my TV....not the PC....but it seems when MP has the mce2005 remote enabled..it raises and lowers the PC's volume at the same time as the TV's volume ....*grr*...perhaps i'll have to replace all commands that MP uses

another thing i cant get my head around is standby using the remote with

You don't even need HIP for that. The MCE remote can learn on 3 keys. THe "Tv On", the Volume Up and Volume Down. Press DVD Menu and hold OK until the lights shut off. Then press the key on the mce remote you want to program then press the key on the remote you want to learn from. The lights will blink twice if it learns.

zutcorp

Portal Member
    November 7, 2005
    I know - I have made the remote turn off my TV. BUt unfortunately, I also need to press AV once to get the HTPC signal, and the MCE can't learn that as well :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom