MCE Remote Not Working Properly (1 Viewer)

JC007

Portal Member
June 24, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
My MCE Remote only has the arrow key, The OK and the back button working. The play, pause, Info etc. don't work. This is the second time I've had this problem. The first time I made a clean instal of Media Portal and everything worked properly including the remote. The for some unknown reason the the above mentioned buttons stopped working. I could do nothing to get them going again so I reformatted my HDD and reinstall MePo and everything worked fine. Then I had trouble with the computer going to sleep. It would not start until switched it off at the mains and switched it on again. The computer started up but had errors on the HDD which I was able to fix. But those buttons on the remote stopped working again. The remote works properly in Windows Media Centre but not in Media Portal. Is some file corrupt? If so which one? I have a large database in Moving Pictures so I really don't want to reformat again. If I Unistall MePo and reinstall will my Moving Pictures Database be OK?

Thanking You In Advance

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First thing I would ask, is this a proper ehome remote (M$ compatible), you can find out by going into device manager\USB Controlers, there you should see ehome infrared receiver (usbcir).

If it is, then somehow your default mappings have got screwed up, copy the MCE remote file from C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings folder and paste it to the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings folder.

JC007

Portal Member
    June 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank You for your reply.

Yes, my remote is ehome. It appears under USB controllers.

I tried what you told me but it didn't work. I copied the InputDeviceMappings folder from Program files but there was no InputDeviceMappings folder in Program Data. I pasted it any way and the remote is still the same. I even tried to paste the Microsoft MCE.xml file in there with no results.

I've been using Media Portal for many years with the same remote. This problem has only occurred in version 1.2.2. Will there be an update soon?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Then I suspect windows has stored the information under your user profile which may have become corrupted, take it account has admin priviliges, try making a new account as admin and then run MP config, see if remote works then,

If so find the old user profile and copy all the .db files and Thumbs\Fanart folders across to your new profile.

JC007

Portal Member
    June 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    First let me say thanks for taking the time to help. I tried a new user profile but there was no change so I decided to uninstall MP and then reinstall. The remote works perfectly now with all the buttons working. I'm so happy. My databases were backed up and I tried copying them over but nothing worked.
    Anyway thanks again fore your help.

regards John

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom