MCE Remote numeric buttons and locales (1 Viewer)

spontex

Portal Member
September 14, 2006
Home Country
France France
I am posting a thread in English about this problem I have been getting for years in MediaPortal?, which does not exist in MCE:

- By default, on a French keyboard, the numeric keys above the letters give the following symbols when pressed: &é"'(-è_çà
- You have to press Caps Lock (once) or Shift (each time) if you want to type the numbers: 1234567890
- The MCE remote numeric buttons send the same symbols, on such systems: &é"'(-è_çà
- This behaviour prevents from switching channels on a fresh MediaPortal installation. It may be a show-stopper.
- A workaround exists: installing a software like NumLocker which allows to always force Caps Lock (or modifying the registry to enable Caps Lock on Windows Startup).

But it would be better if, like MCE, MediaPortal could understand the &é"'(-è_çà characters as 1234567890

I own 2 MCE remotes and have been experiencing this bug for years.
Previous threads about this issue:
this one and this one.

Thanks for your suggestions about solving this bug so that MP is functional straight out of the box.

technick

Portal Pro
May 6, 2009
Home Country
France France
Suggestion from a french user : you must setup the keyboard in English. Then press alt-maj to swap english-french or like me... buy a querty keyboard :) Autre question ?

spontex

Portal Member
September 14, 2006
Home Country
France France
Nice joke! Pressing Caps Lock is still easier than Alt+Shift!
Of course this bug must be solved. MediaPortal must work with non-QWERTY keyboards without that kind of tricks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom