MCE Remote Problem (1 Viewer)

jsimmons

Portal Pro
December 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
When I click the "Forward" button on the remote (thinking it will fast-forward the movie I'm currently viewing), it ends the movie and returns me to the movie list page.

I checked the mapping, and under "Forward", there is a "No Condition" option that has an action called "Forward". I assume that this means that if any of the other actions listed are not in force, pressing the Forward button on the remote will cause whatever media is playing to fast-forward. Is that not correct? If it is correct, what could be wrong?

EDIT: this also happens if I press the right-arrow key on the keyboard. How do I fast-forward a movie?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When I click the "Forward" button on the remote (thinking it will fast-forward the movie I'm currently viewing), it ends the movie and returns me to the movie list page

Some other people have had the same, cannot confirm as all works well for me, I'm using the Vista codec pack, with FFDShow handling DX50 xvid and MPC-HC codec (dxva) for h.264 movies.

Regarding mce remote, setting should be as below.

sshot-38.jpg

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I click the "Forward" button on the remote (thinking it will fast-forward the movie I'm currently viewing), it ends the movie and returns me to the movie list page

Some other people have had the same, cannot confirm as all works well for me, I'm using the Vista codec pack, with FFDShow handling DX50 xvid and MPC-HC codec (dxva) for h.264 movies.

Regarding mce remote, setting should be as below.

View attachment 39483

Yeah, that's what mine is set to. :/

Interesting development - I was trying this on MPG files before. I have recently discovered that MPG files don't play reliably under MP (it may be the way they're ripped or something), even after trying different codecs. So I decided to re-rip everything as ISO, and when I'm playing an ISO, the remote works as you would expect. Is that weird, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom