Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.8120
    Sound Card: SoundMAX Integrated Audio
    Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.5500
    MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    Remote: MCE Vista Remote
    TV: Sharp PG-F212X Projector
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA - DVI-I

I'm having a problem with 1.0 that I never had with RC4, which is that my remote works briefly, but as soon as I hit the "OK" button (the standard select button for everything), I lose all functionality in my remote except for the four arrow keys. I'm using a standard MCE remote (Model #: HA-IR01SV) that hasn't given me any problems in previous versions of MediaPortal. I've gone into the mapping config screen but I see nothing there that's any different from the way it was mapped in RC4.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the driver versions hasn't changed with a windows update?, try removing loading of the ehome proggies from start up by msconfig

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I should probably explain my problem in greater detail. I install RC4 - remote works fine. I uninstalled RC4 and installed 1.0 with no additional remote drivers or programs and I got the issue as mentioned above. I tried updating my drivers, installing the eHome drivers, and installing Intelliremote, with no change. I then uninstalled 1.0 and rolled back to RC4 and the remote worked fine again. This suggests to me that it isn't a driver problem but something with 1.0.

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    I have a similar issue with 1.0: without additional plugins, I lose the arrow key and enter functions, though shortcut buttons seem to work.

Eventually my way to get the remote working was to disable the remote in the main configuration but enable the IR Server Suite plugin (full MCE option not basic MCE).

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi,

I have a similar problem and I do the following two things. Could you also please do the same and let me know the results?

1. See if Watchdog screen is active (use ALT+TAB). If so, close it.
    2. If the remote responds now everything is OK. Sometimes there might be no watchdog screen. In that case while MP 1.0 is still running, start IR Server Configuration again and click on the OK button. Click OK for the message window that pops up. MP should now accept your MCE remote commands.

Please do let me know your results.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom