MCE remote, windows messages (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm using an HP MCE remote (100% MS MCE compatible) with HIP (to map a few buttons to control my amplifier using MCEir) on MP. Works fine, but I can only emulate sending key strokes to MP which does not unlock all possibilities.

Does the standard MCE remote control driver send windows messages to MP to tell it about remote control buttons being pressed? If so does anyone have the list? HIP could send the appropriate message to MP, then the remote buttons would be context dependant and mapping could be done in MP.

I know that all this will no longer be required with the MCE replacement driver plugin (super plugin development!). But until that's available on a stable build, the messages list would be helpfull.

VdR

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0
    Windows Version: MCE2005 roll up 2
    CPU Type: Intel P4 530 3.0 GHz HT (S775)
    HDD: WD 2000JD 200 GB SATA 7200 RPM + WD USB2.0 500 GB
    Memory: 1 GB (2 x 512 MB) Hynix DDR400 Dual Channel
    Motherboard: ASUS PTGD-LR
    Motherboard Chipset: i915G
    Motherboard Bios: 3.15
    Video Card: ATI Radeon X300SE 128 MB
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Realtek Intel High Definition Audio (7.1) 24 bits / 96 kHz
    Sound Card AC3: S/Pdif coaxial to Logitech Z5500
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: BlackGold GDI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: BlackGold GDI
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II
    3. TV Card Type: dual analogue
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: NVIDEA
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVIDEA
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: none
    HTPC Case: HP Z522
    Cooling: Cooler Master KDH-5067K
    Power Supply:
    Remote: HP MCE remote
    TV: Samsung LE32R41B
    TV - HTPC Connection: VEGA

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I know, I know, I have read that thread up and down a few times. As I said in my last sentence. "will no longer be required with the MCE replacement driver plugin". but until then, (on a stable release), if that list exists ...

VdR

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The native MCE remote support in MediaPortal doesn't listen for messages, only my MCE replacement plugin does. So you'd have to use the plugin anyway.

I tell you what I'll do. I'll take the message receiving part of my plugin and put it into a new one. It shouldn't need an SVN because the SVN issue is related to an Enumeration problem that won't effect this. And it won't require the replacement driver or anything, how does that sound?

I'll post it here in about 24 hours, 48 tops. Unless an MP stable release appears in the meantime ;)

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MessagePlugin Version 1

Hey,

Well, I didn't think I'd get this done before I had to go out for the day, but there you go.

This should do what you want. You might want to remove the mappings for the Replacement driver buttons on account of getting double presses, unless you are using the replacement driver (which you don't need to use with either of my plugins).

I suggest that once a stable release becomes available you should switch to my other plugin, as it has a lot more features I'm sure you'll enjoy.

There's a readme.txt included in the file with all the instructions you should need.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

EDIT: This plugin can now be downloaded here:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MessagePlugin/

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Doesn't the integrated HID support cover it already?

Or do you want sth different than APPCOMMANDs? (That's what the HID part in MP handles.)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm gunna plead ignorance here. I haven't checked out the HID support, cos I haven't ever needed. I'll go check it out now...

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    mPod: If you mean Configuration -> Remote -> General HID, then the answer is no you don't get what VrD wants with that.

People that use HIP or Girder to control MP and other apps want to feed MP windows messages that MP processes through it's input handler (similiar to what General HID supports, but not just for WM_APPCOMMANDs). The General HID just lets you map media control buttons. WM_APPCOMMAND commands. Unless I'm missing something? Maybe once you finish that "New" button stuff in the input mapper we can get the same result with the General HID?

Cheers,

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe once you finish that "New" button stuff in the input mapper we can get the same result with the General HID?
    That's already in SVN, but it's commented out.

-> Plugins/RemotePlugins/InputMapper

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Code:
    if (msg.Msg != 0x0319) // WM_APPCOMMAND
              return false;

But see the above, the HID part only handles APPCOMMANDs so far. Maybe it's worth "updating" the code? The floor is yours. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom