MCE remote XP home HIP buttons not working

Discussion in 'Remotes' started by dziubelis, March 21, 2012.

1. dziubelis

dziubelis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hello,
    Running Windows XP Home, SP3 + Updated. I have HP MCE remote (p/n 438584-001), drivers instelled (eHome Infrared Receiver).
    Globaly I can control Volume, Numerics work, Enter, ESC, Back, Mute, Power, probably and most others, cause ShowKey v2.0 returns at least AppCmd.

I edited the registry, not sure if I really needed to, since few buttons worked even without editing or HIP. It just was chaotic, one press would record as if I was holding the key, and lets say scroll indefinetly. Within HIP, the remote is mapped according table from here.

I have ticked in MP configuration to use MCE remote, didn't remap enything. MP will not start with Start button (Tray thingy running). Within MP I have only Arrows, Numerics, Enter (not OK), Back. Volume and Mute works, but its due to being global.
    Most essential ones - Play Pause Stop, Next Prew, FF, Rev do not work, along with the rest.

I know a solution would be simply remap remote within HIP especialy for MP, using keyboard shortcuts. P for paly, B for Stop, etc. But there are no keybord shortcuts for Music, Video, Picture. Or are there?

I did search forum, but HIP is not very common around here. And some threads even state that its not possible to install a remote under WinXP Home, which is not true.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lardy

Lardy Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I have MP 1.2.2.0 running on Windows XP Pro with SP3 with HIP 3.0.2.12. My remote is different, it is model 1039, version 2 as seen here - so this post may be of no help to you.

My notes from my install:

HIP 3.0.2.12
    • Installation file – HipInstallComplete_3.0.2.12.exe
      • Select MCE IR Plug-In
      • Deselect Girder Plug-In
    • Launch HIP from Start Menu
      • Next
      • Select Input Device: MCE Interface (HipMCE.dll)
      • Next>Next>Next>Next>Next
      • Add application: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
      • Next>Save configuration as 'mediaportal'
    • Human Interface Programmer launches automatically
      • File>Preferences
        • System Settings tab
          • Check 'Automatically Load on System Startup
        • Alternate Input tab>Add Value
        • Press 'PC' button twice
        • Enter Values manually
          • Description: Close-Start MediaPortal
          • Primary Command: EXECLOSE1
          • Secondary Command: EXE1
        • Delete all other values
    • Right-click systray icon and select '1. MediaPortal'
    I have set the 'TV' button to power on my HTPC using the 'Learning Functionality' - see manual which can be downloaded here - and assigned the 'PC' button to close/start MediaPortal as you can see above.

4. dziubelis

dziubelis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I see.
    So I actually had to delete the default MCE commands. That is within HIP Start button is now assigned to start the MP. MP tray thingy is kinda obsolete in this case.
    I guess I'll just assign keyboard shortacts.

Any ideas about shortcuts for plugins, like OnlineVideo, TV-Series, MovingPictures?

5. michelangelo

michelangelo Portal Member

Engineer
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Theres a MP extension that allows you to map keys, I think its called MyKeys...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!