AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-01-05)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2000+
    Memory: 511 MB
    Motherboard: MK79G-1394 (AOpen)
    TV Card Model: Hauppage Nova-T (Philips1)
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: 4.4.10.11
    Video Card Model: Radeon 9800 Pro (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 5.11
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x576
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
    Audio Card Driver: 6.14.462.0
    Synopsis::

I have various small issues with my European MCE remote, and I'm sure some of these issues are related. I do most of my navigating using the 'up', 'down', 'left', 'right' and 'OK' buttons on the remote. I don't have a keyboard connected, and the mouse if just for emergency use.
    • 1) My Videos -> Select Movie -> Press 'i' for IMDB lookup -> movie info appears -> single press on 'back' button jumps back two menus, so in my case back to the selected movie (where it should stop), but then one more to the drive selection list.

2) My Videos -> Select Movie -> Press 'i' for IMDB lookup -> large selection list appears -> press 'right' button, to 'fast' up/down buttons, to skip through the list quicker -> you find the page with the movie info you want to retrieve, but there is no way to get to it (i.e. left/right don't take you back to the list), pressing the 'back' button takes you back one menu to the movie that was selected for lookup.

3) My Music -> large selection list appears -> press 'right' button, to 'fast' up/down buttons, to skip through the list quicker -> you find the page with the album you want to play, but pressing the left button jumps back to the menu on the far left, rather than the list with albums. OK, I can then press right again to get to my list of albums, but I don't think that's how it should be.

4) My Music -> Navigate to album with music tracks -> select file and press 'OK' to play -> if I press the down button after pressing 'OK' it isn't registered the first time, but it is when I press it a second time.

5) From main menu -> press right to shutdown/restart etc button -> press 'OK' -> Menu appears -> press 'down' once -> navigation sound is heard but there is no movement on the screen -> press 'down' again and it moves to 'Restart'.

These are the main problems I have with my remote, and they are more of a nuisance then anything else. Still, it would be nice to have it working properly.

YYota

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2005
    I can confirm n°5 with an hauppauge remote, on the shutdown menu, I have to press ok twice to have the action registered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom