[solved] MCE 'TV power' button not working in MP 1.13.0 (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Now plug and play support has been removed for official MCE remote in MP 1.13.0 I can no longer use the 'TV' button (top left on handset) to exit MP....I don't use a keyboard or mouse except for setup so it impossible to close the program, Been trying to config the 'TV' button in HID setup but it seems it's just not recognised. All other buttons seem to behave as expected.
I would be grateful if someone could suggest a way around this....

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Now plug and play support has been removed for official MCE remote in MP 1.13.0 I can no longer use the 'TV' button (top left on handset) to exit MP....I don't use a keyboard or mouse except for setup so it impossible to close the program, Been trying to config the 'TV' button in HID setup but it seems it's just not recognised. All other buttons seem to behave as expected.
    I would be grateful if someone could suggest a way around this....
    Check this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/fixing-hid-mute-and-mediaportal-exit-mapping.133325/

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now plug and play support has been removed for official MCE remote in MP 1.13.0
    Absolutely untrue, sorry for the misunderstanding. Support for MCE remote has been improved since 1.11 through our HID input handler.
    MP 1.12 has seen the HID input handler further improved providing out-of-the-box support for most gamepads while our legacy 'Microsoft MCE' input handler was being deprecated.
    MP 1.13 has seen that same non standard compliant 'Microsoft MCE' input handler removed.

Your problem has already been reported, you can easily workaround it by fixing your configuration editing XML files, use a preview build, or wait for MP 1.14 which should contain the fix.
    You can also exit MediaPortal by hitting one of the direction arrow keys from the home screen depending of your skin. That should bring up a menu from which you can close MP or even shutdown your computer I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom