MCE2005 remote - How to get all buttons to work? (1 Viewer)

steinje

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Only my Arrow buttons work, and the OK button. If I choose to use general HID some more buttons work, but still many does not. And the mapping options for general HID does not have the mappings for all buttons like the MCE option have like the "Guide" button. How can I solve this?

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Have you selected the MCE remote unter the "Remote" tab in the MP configuration tool?

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Certianly looks like one. What does the receiver look like? Does it have two sockets in the back for remote IR senders?

steinje

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Not sure what you mean. Do you mean on the back side of the IR Blaster or on the back side of the computer?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In Device Manager, does the ehome infrared receiver (usbcir) show under the usb controller settings.

If so can you get the hardware id from the property box

sshot-31.jpg

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Now confused, second picture shows 2 ehome receivers, with separate hardware id's, this may be part of the problem, can you confirm both are shown in device manager.

I take it the IR receiver is also built into the computer, just checked those hardware id's, they do already exist in ehome list, so should work by default.

steinje

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    Yes, both are in HW manager. Just one IR blaster connected to the computer. How can I solve my problem?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Use at your own risk.

I would uninstall from device manager both ir receivers and then reboot, this should reinstall any necessary driver once xpmce is loaded, if not, got a backup disk with drivers available :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom