Media Import - more detailed control? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I ran an import of my shares. They are quite large. The first thing I noticed was there is no progress indicator anywhere that I can see which seems strange. Anyhow..

- I am seeing duplicate entries in Movies. My guess is these are all the 'two part' media files. I have all my media one movie per folder and folder name is 'Movie Name (Year)'. Where can I set to merge two part movies or treat folders as single movie?

- Seeing this mostly in TV but probably in Movies also. Some matches are incorrect. Again my media is in folders, top level is the Show, next level is the Season and then the season folder is full of the episodes. But I guess some are slightly named differently so it matched some as:

Agatha Christies Poirot or Agatha Christie's Poirot and created two series entries. It's done this many times, example CSI and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Batman TAS and Batman The Animated Series.

So now half my episodes are showing under one show entry and the others within the second one it created.

How to manually edit this like I would in MP TVSeries or in MovingPictures? I've searched and see no config options?

- I'm using default skin. Standard behaviour of Series seems to lump all episodes into one large list. How do you configure when first jumping into a show, it displays list of seasons rather than 300 episodes in one large list?

- How will I know which media it couldn't import so that I can do it manually?

Thanks!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I noticed this is also same behavior in Audio. The library structure seems to be Artist -> All tracks similar to Series, rather than Artist -> Albums -> Tracks. Maybe I am doing something really stupid but I don't see an option to change this behavior.

When you have 250+ entries in that list and there is no round robin at the top of the list menu, it's painful cycling down to the bottom every time.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where can I set to merge two part movies or treat folders as single movie?
    This will come with the MIA rework. Right now there is no way to do so.
    So now half my episodes are showing under one show entry and the others within the second one it created.
    This should not happen if they are inside the same folder. The folder name is used to match the show. For this it needs to be as close as possible named to the series name on TVDB. The year did not help as the TVDB API did not use it for identifying. In opposite normally series with year in the folder name are not found at all. Excerpt for series where the year is part of the "official" series name on TVDB.
    You can eliminate all your issues (excerpt for the multi files - one movie issue) if you use .nfo files and/or tagged media (Video has to be MKV, audio can be all container that supports id3 tags).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - I'm using default skin. Standard behaviour of Series seems to lump all episodes into one large list. How do you configure when first jumping into a show, it displays list of seasons rather than 300 episodes in one large list?
    This can be achieved by using filters. You are using BlueVision (as it is the default skin since the latest release) here you can find the menu to set up the filters in the top left corner. But this is written in the documentary and in lots of forum posts already.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey @Lehmden thanks for the pointers. Yes filter was what I was missing. I'd already looked in the menu but was looking for a 'view' rather than a filter so never tried it. This does give the behavior I was used to from MP1. It's a shame there is no fanart on the season entries, but I guess this is skin specific. Works very well.

Is there any way of tagging or creating these nfo's from MovPics or TVSeries database? I have them already setup correctly there and library is too large to manually do this now.

I'm quite surprised by MP2, it feels almost ready. I think if I can fix these tagging issues (and trakt is able to sync back my watched flags - fingers crossed) I will try use it as my main setup for a while.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I guess this is skin specific.
    Sadly it is not. This also will be fixed with the MIA rework.
    Is there any way of tagging or creating these nfo's from MovPics or TVSeries database?
    For MovingPictures there is a Tool "MovPicNfo" that exports all your Database into .nfo format and put it next to your videos. On TVSeries there is no such tool. TVSeries did not support .nfo. As far as I know it's the only HTPC software that did not support .nfo at all... At least you can re- use your watched flags from TVSeries. Export them in TVSeries config and import them into MP2 with MP2-Edit after you have successfully imported your series (and movies) into MP2. Also MovingPictures did not have an extra export function, MP2-Edt is able to read the MovingPictures database and transfer the watched flags into MP2. You can backup and restore the watched flags from MP2 easily with MP2-Edit too. You even can import the MP2- watched flags into TVSeries. The format of the exported file is compatible.

For generating series .nfo you can use many tools like tinyMediaManager, EmberMediaManager or MKV-Buddy.

use it as my main setup for a while.
    I'm doing this since more than a year now and never looked back to MP1...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    I was just about to ask what MP2-Edit was and then noticed your signature :) Thanks again. Will have a go at sorting out Movies import right now. Shame about the two part movies I guess these days it is less common case to have media this way.

What is MIA rework? Is there a roadmap / timeline for it's implementation? Seems like it has some important updates within for an end user migrating from MP1 point of view (but I am sure not as important from developer POV).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Shame about the two part movies I guess these days it is less common case to have media this way.
    You simply can muxx them together into a MKV container. Did not take longer than to copy them. I did not have any multi part movies since a long time

What is MIA rework?
    This answer could be very long. I will make it as short as possible... MIA stands for Media Item Aspect. In MP2 all Media have lost of aspects. One is the container (avi, mkv,...) one is the IMDB ID number (tt12345678) one is the duration,one is the thumbnail,... In the old days as MP2 was planed, most parts are planed very clever, flexible and extendable. That's why it is such a great basis. But one thing was not that wisely planed, the Media Item Aspects and their relationships. Right now all MIA has to be aspects of a real existing media file. So the series metadata are aspects of every episode (video file) from this series. Similar is for Audio. Here the counterpart is album. Every song from an album has every Album aspect assigned to it. For MP2 there is no such thing as a "Series" or an "Album" at all. Everything you can see to support such is a "Hack" and written to circumvent those limitations. About 18 month ago the team decided to do a major rework of the media item aspects to support all the missing things in a nice and clean (name it MP2-) style. But this was much more work than thought. The biggest rework in MP2 history. That's why it still is not finished today. But we are now at 95% so it looks as if it will make it finally especially as a new Dev has started to work on it...

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hmm. So I ran an nfo creator for movies and it created a movingpictures.nfo in each movies folder.. I ran reimport on MP2 but it did not import anything else. Does it require a specific file name for the nfo?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does it require a specific file name for the nfo?
    Yes. The .nfo has to be named exactly as the video file (excerpt for the extension of course). "Avatar.mkv" needs "Avatar.nfo". If I remember right you can configure MovPicNfo to name them as needed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom