Media Import - more detailed control? (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can mkvbuddy do this?
    Yes it can. You can choose what name your media should have. Example. My input files are in a folder named "Eingang/Spielfilme" (input/movies in English, but the name of this folder did not matter) and are named simply like "tt12345678.mkv" without any further naming. If the videos are .ts or mp4 or whatever they are named all similar (tt12345678.ts or so)...
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Then run the Movies wizard from MKV-Buddy. It now decided by it's own if the movie needs to be transcoded (means if the size is bigger than a configurable amount or the input video is interlaced), remuxed to MKV and/or if there are unwanted audio or subtitle tracks inside the video. It then transcode (and de-interlace) or remux or optimize or copy (if the input video is "perfect" already) the videos to the output folder (here named "Ausgang/Spielfilme"), grabs all metadata and fanart as the user configured it and generates the movie folders and renamed the video files.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

And that is how such a movie folder looks like inside:
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

All this with one single mouse click for (in this example) 3 movies... The only part that may take some time is the transcoding. All others don't take longer than a copy operation.
    I've named the input videos like "tt12345678.ext" as this will give an 100% perfect and easy match but most often the "raw" video name also will work..
    This way I always prepare "new" movies and series (here the workflow is different a bit, but not more work in general) and they are working perfect with any media software I've ever seen. (MP1, MP2, Kodi, Emby, Plex,...)

If you only want to add fanart and metadata to already existing videos and rename them without remux into MKV you also can do this. Then you can add your videos like "tt12345678.avi" to the "output folder" and run the "Movies Metadata" option in MKV-Buddy. It now only grabs metadata, fanart and generates the movies folders and rename the videos without processing the "raw" videos any further. So you can keep your avi, mp4 or whatever you are using. The renaming and grabbing (not the wizards, this is planed for a future release of MKV-Buddy) even is working with .iso files if you add .iso as a supported file extension in the MKV-Buddy configuration. Tagging only is possible for MKV, also a few tags are available in mp4 too. But this is not included in MKV-Buddy and also not in MP2.

If you need to do this for thousands of videos it may be some work even MKV-Buddy will do the most. But those media are fitting perfect to any media software today and (most likely) tomorrow. And once you are done with the existing stuff it only is minimal work to have new media at the same system... Never spend less time on preparing media as ever before...

If you are also interested in my "series" workflow I can give an example too later...

And by the way, MKV-Buddy also can join a whole bunch of stacked videos to one MKV per movie automatically, but not when using the wizards...

Another gimmick.. MKV-Buddy fills out the "sorttitle" tag properly, It uses the movieset name and adds the year and month of the first release of this move. So the sorting will be correct on any software that supports "sorttitle" without doing anything manual...

Is there some trick to show which 350 it did not import
    Sadly there is not. It is planed to add a filter to "videos" to show only videos that are NOT in Movies or Series, but it is not jet implemented... I need to nag @morpheus_xx again so he will not forget to add this soon... :whistle:;)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I will give MKVBuddy a run out and see what it can do for me. Looks comprehensive. For renaming in place, I already used following, it is a 'Sally Gunnell'.. ugly but not a bad runner.

Code:
    Public Class Form1
        Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            Dim FolderName As String = Nothing
            Dim Filter As String = "*.mkv|*.avi|*.wmv|*.mp4|*.idx|*.srt|*.nfo"
            Dim MultipleFilters() As String = Filter.Split("|")
            If (FolderBrowserDialog1.ShowDialog() = DialogResult.OK) Then
                FolderName = FolderBrowserDialog1.SelectedPath
                For Each Dir As String In System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(FolderName)
                    Dim dirInfo As New System.IO.DirectoryInfo(Dir)
                    For Each FileFilter As String In MultipleFilters
                        For Each fi In dirInfo.GetFiles(FileFilter)
                            If fi.Name <> dirInfo.Name & fi.Extension Then
                                Try
                                    Rename(fi.FullName, dirInfo.FullName & "\" & dirInfo.Name & fi.Extension)
                                Catch ioexception As Exception
                                    ComboBox1.Items.Add(fi.FullName & " [ERROR] File Already Exists")
                                End Try
                            End If
                        Next fi
                    Next FileFilter
                Next Dir
            End If
        End Sub
    End Class

eRJe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2009
    Den Helder
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Lehmden, thanks for the many info's from you posts in this thread. Specially the explanation about MIA was nice to read.

I ended up in this thread because I started testing MP2 again and found that most movies have double entries. This is due to the fact that I have trailers in the same movie folder as where the movie exists. Will the reworked MIA support trailers that exist in the movie folder and will the MP2 gui get an option that will allow you to play the select the trailer as we have in MP1 with MyFilm?

Other than that I can say that the import went very well. I use <moviename [year] quality (tt12345678)> as foldername. I guess MP2 importer figures it out because of the IMDB ID. It is for this soul reason why I include it. Not just for MP1 (MyFilm) but also for other programs that read my movie database.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Will the reworked MIA support trailers
    I don't believe this will happen with first step of MIA rework, but it should be easy to add in a later development state.

option that will allow you to play the select the trailer
    If the Database will support trailers there also will be an option to play them for sure. But this has not too high priority on the list, I think. First the basics like Series, Moviesets and Albums have to work properly. Don't expect this to be included soon. But I'm pretty sure it will be there one day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom