Media Portal 1.16.1 willnot launch after installation (1 Viewer)

Eric Goddard

April 23, 2017
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have tried three times now to update to MP1.16 from 1.15 I have installed.NET4 as required but did not delete and clean up 1.15 beforehand
After installation nothing happens when i clicking on any of the icons. This issue did not occur when I updated to 1.15 from 1.14
I noted in another forum that proper codecs need to be installed but as I said none of the configuration icons will work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome to the forum Eric

We haven't had any similar reports of problems with 1.16, so I suspect the issue is specific to your system.

Perhaps a dumb question, but have you tried rebooting the computer?
    If yes and it didn't help, are you able to use the MediaPortal Watchdog tool option 3 to export some log files for us? (The Watchdog generates a zip file which you can attach - "upload a file" - to your next reply.)

Eric Goddard

April 23, 2017
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello mm1352000
    Thank you for a quick response. I have good news - I have been able to install MP 1.16 and it is now working ok. When I reread the installation instructions I realized that there was an oblique reference to the fact that it should be a clean install. I removed 1.15 completely including cleaning up with Ccleaner and was able to install (I selected the "Clean Installation" option) the new version without any problems. Perhaps the web page with the installation instructions should make a specific statement that it is preferable to remove the earlier version and select the "Clean Installation" option. I did not even have to rescan the channels just select the required location in the set TV Server up.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Eric

That's good news. :)

I note from our perspective there should be no need to do a clean installation. Update/upgrade should have worked without the whole rigmarole you went through.

Due to the lack of log files there's not much that we can do to follow up on your experience. However we note it for the record, just in case anybody else reports a similar problem.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom