media portal 2.2 have movies shown on genre not name (1 Viewer)

Davy.v

October 23, 2019
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
i have media portal 2.2 latest installed to dedicated pc for tv everything is working now but wen i go movies it shows like 70 maps based on first letter of movies is there way tho make it show them bassed on there genre i have over 5000+ movies on hard drive i have also noticed wen gowing back and forward in these maps there like 15 sec delay for loading the maps
is there way tho speed this like have system index the intire drives or will i need tho upgrade the drives tho ssd tho fix this switching sdd will be expensive because of now i use 2x 10tb drive any tips wil be welcome any plugins that can help with this be great i am not using it to record movies from tv or series i am using rss feed tho auto download my series etc is there plugin tho integrate this?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i have media portal 2.2 latest installed to dedicated pc for tv everything is working now but wen i go movies it shows like 70 maps based on first letter of movies is there way tho make it show them bassed on there genre i have over 5000+ movies on hard drive i have also noticed wen gowing back and forward in these maps there like 15 sec delay for loading the maps
    Hello
    i think the listing using index due to big library you have.
    for the delay for displaying this list, be sure than only database file is located on SSD and using SATA3 board chipset. MP don't link to storage after import is done.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    but wen i go movies it shows like 70 maps based on first letter of movies is there way tho make it show them bassed on there genre i have over 5000+ movies on hard drive i have also noticed wen gowing back and forward in these maps there like 15 sec delay for loading the maps
    The fact that it takes time indicates that you are in folder view instead of library.

The concept of MP2 is to use different settings for each view level via the option "Filter". For example for series you could have series at top level as banner, seasons as posters and episodes as a list. SImilar things apply to movies.

You may want to experiment a little bit with filter and view. Just keep in mind that a view applies to a dedicated level, whose display is governed by what you select, e.g. "All" for movies or genres or...

Davy.v

October 23, 2019
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    thank u for quick reply wil check if database is located on m.2 ssd and going thin out libary a bit not really watching movies from before 2000 so going set those on backup drive and going do check on movies name wich database u guys use tho get movie info (omdb .the moviedb) and series going do fix names run on movies series with filebot

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wich database u guys use tho get movie info (omdb .the moviedb) and series going do fix names run on movies series with filebot
    It depends not really on us, but on what you set in your MP2 library settings. You may first want to check the WIKI of MP2 to understand how files are imported.

Are . and , key broken on your keyboard? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom