Media Portal 2 EPG data missing (1 Viewer)

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi ge2301... out of desperation I have done an O/S restore on the machine and am in the process of putting a fresh MP2 installation on it... if the problem is still there once its reinstalled I'll attach log files...

Thanks for your reply ;)

TonyJM

Portal Member
July 16, 2016
Home Country
A complete fresh re-install seems to have got it working again... I can watch TV but still no EPG data, but I think that is just going to take time to populate.

One odd thing I have noticed is that there is now no TV Service listed under services - but it must be there as when I made changes to the configuration it said that the TV Service needed to restart... so it must be there I guess!

Also all the channel numbers have moved again - doh!

Thanks and hopefully when the EPG data comes through I'll be back up and running :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    One odd thing I have noticed is that there is now no TV Service listed under services - but it must be there as when I made changes to the configuration it said that the TV Service needed to restart... so it must be there I guess!
    That was probably the issue, you had a MP1 installation with TV-service in parallel, so MP2 could not work.
    In MP2, there should be only "MediaPortal 2 Server Service", no TVService startet. It's included in the server as far as I know.

TonyJM

Portal Member
    July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    I had a vague recollection of that and remember that I had disabled the "TV Service" when I installed MP2...

Now its sort of working again I have noticed something odd... I wanted to get the channel numbers back to what they are in the back-end and I found a post which said to set "zap by channel index" setting to "no" and it would use the backend channel numbers... which it now does.

But - I now have 6 channels all numbered 10000 - the EPG data is there for all these channels but nothing (yet) for the channels with the normal numbers (e.g. BBC1 HD = 101, BBC2 HD = 102, etc).

I am thinking this might be to do with the changes which were mentioned earlier?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

10000 is a default value. All my channels here in Germany have the 10000 value. Nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Blue Max

TonyJM

Portal Member
    July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    10000 is a default value. All my channels here in Germany have the 10000 value. Nothing to worry about.

Many thanks for the reassurance BlueMax - all seems to be working fine now and most EPG data is back on the fresh installation.

Users who are viewing this thread