Media Portal client freezing and crashing (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No changes made but all of a sudden MP client keeps freezing and crashing, sometimes giving a Microsoft runtime error dialogue box

Logs attached of client in question with a freeze occuring today at 22:17 - any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MP TV Series DB is corrupted. Try to repair or recreate it (look e.g. here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database )
    Thanks Vasilich

Amusingly I disabled Moving Pictures before I posted and no change, but also I should of tried disabling MP TV series!

I have disabled MP TV series and now live TV and recording back to working fine, so thanks for the quick post.

I will repair the TV Series DB tomorrow, but you know this happens from time to time and to me its a bit strange that a corrupted plugin which seems to have nothing to do with Live TV stops it working?

And then I think should I in future not use MP TV Series - is it better to try and use the native MP Videos app?

BTW I am a big fan of MP and have a server plus 4 clients, this set up provides all media to the house including Live TV - this house is a big user of MP and I appreciate all the efforts that the MP team put into making it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom