Media Portal Crashes while playing music a photo slide show (1 Viewer)

norkmeister

Portal Member
February 11, 2009
Hi,
I've been having this problem since I upgraded to 1.5.0. Every time I play music and then put on a photo slide show it crashes after a few minutes. It used to work fine with 1.2.x.

The steps I usually follow is:
1: Go to music and choose some music to play. Sometimes I queue a bunch or sometimes I just choose play now. It doesn't matter which
2: I go to photos and then choose "R. Slideshow" from the menu
3: Wait 5 - 10 minutes and it crashes.

Logs attached.

The error in the Application Log says:
Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.7.1.0, time stamp: 0x535b90f2
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.18444, time stamp: 0x52717e84
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x003793f2
Faulting process id: 0x600
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf7c420c28b009
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 88a0e74a-e850-11e3-b208-00241d2a7ec6

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

It seems your log (mediaportal.log) is after the crash :)
    Can you try 1.8.0 Pre release ? (there is a rework about pictures about date/share view etc. i.e MP1-2555-BUG_Exiting_Slideshow_will_not_select_last_picture_in_Date_View)

So please, upgrade to 1.8.0 Pre release and use Watchdog first option until the crash happen or not (keep log) and try in normal mode (with all your plugins)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey,

I have let running it all the night with music (autoDJ) in background + recursive slideshow :) and no crash.

Last edited:

norkmeister

Portal Member
    February 11, 2009
    Hi,

It seems your log (mediaportal.log) is after the crash :)
    Can you try 1.8.0 Pre release ? (there is a rework about pictures about date/share view etc. i.e MP1-2555-BUG_Exiting_Slideshow_will_not_select_last_picture_in_Date_View)

So please, upgrade to 1.8.0 Pre release and use Watchdog first option until the crash happen or not (keep log) and try in normal mode (with all your plugins)

I haven't had time to upgrade to 1.8.0, but I managed to capture the issue in the logs properly (I hope). I reproduced the issue and then chose Debug Mode and used the third radio button to just capture the logs.

Is the 1.8.0 pre-release stable code?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can't really answer, i always use latest version because it's on this that i/we can detect bug and fix them :)
    But for my use, yes it's stable :) and i use it on production system (but maybe i'm crasy lol)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I can see in your log that something is wrong on authenticate for last.fm so :
    You need a proper free account or disable it
    My setting (account was added by clicking on 'Add User')
    upload_2014-6-14_7-12-0.png

Second error i can see is error on SQLITE db, i already see it when for example something start to be written in db while MP stop the request, then the db is close but can lead to never close and like MP start a new picture and ask for db or something -> BOOM -> MP can crash.

There is some rework on this side too for 1.8.0Pre release and future MP version too, but try 1.8.0Pre release, it should be better and if not then post log with this version :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom