Media Portal has suddenly gone FUBAR (1 Viewer)

wmcftw

Portal Member
November 2, 2014
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Guys

Apologies for starting a new thread- this is my first post as I have been using Mepo for years and consider myself to be quite experienced. However, this will all mean nothing unless someone can help me out because I am totally stuck

For years I have been using ,Mepo and it's glorious plugins and pvr. Since last week's two failed recordings I have uninstalled, reinstalled and done over a week's trouble shooting...with no success

Mepo, cannot launch the tv server config and this message randomly appears

upload_2014-11-2_21-34-48.png

The logs are below

Please help me...................I am pulling my hair out

I am using a laptop with Windows 7 with this tv stick

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr900.html

8FfTByj.png

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello wmcftw

Since last week's two failed recordings I have uninstalled, reinstalled and done over a week's trouble shooting
    Please help me...................I am pulling my hair out
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Wish you'd asked for help earlier. We're here to help you avoid spending so much time and pulling your hair out. ;)

Here are the logs
    Unfortunately those logs are of no use to me. They're the MediaPortal logs, not the TV Server logs.
    Assuming you've got MP and TV Server installed on the one laptop, could you please use the watchdog tool with option 3 to export your existing log files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Then just post/attach the zip file here.
    If MP and TV Server are installed on separate PCs/laptops/whatever, just let me know and I'll provide instructions for grabbing the TV Server logs.

Regards,
    mm

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    I cannot find the pathway to reporting a bug in that folder. If you need me to send you a screenshot of any folder- let me know. Perhaps the last installation did not generate that handy tool.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well that's bizare. Could you have deleted it?

Try this:
    1. Open Windows Explorer.
    2. Navigate to the MediaPortal install directory (default: c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal).
    3. Double click on WatchDog.exe.
    Now you can use option 3 to export the logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thank you.

From the log files it looks like TV Server is simply not installed on the laptop. If that is the case then it is no surprise that TV Server configuration can't run.

If TV Server is meant to be running on the laptop then I suggest you uninstall ("full product cleanup") and reinstall, making sure that you install the TV Server ("yes - I will use MediaPortal to watch TV"). Also, make sure that you run the installer with administrative privileges (ie. to run the installer, right click on the installer/exe file and select run as administrator).

Regards,
    mm

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    I am not wishing to argue. But, I have done that about 5 times this week. It was working pefectly until recently

I will give it one last try. But, I don't understand why it has been so flawless until a week ago

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Acer
    System Model: Aspire 7739
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.60.52V1.04
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3764MB RAM

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, at this point that's all I can suggest. Like I said: it honestly looks like TV Server is not installed.

wmcftw

Portal Member
    November 2, 2014
    Home Country
    Almost done
    vlWfUz0.png
    [DOUBLEPOST=1414967878][/DOUBLEPOST]Should a total clean take this long? Why do you think that the tv server would suddenly not install?[DOUBLEPOST=1414968013][/DOUBLEPOST]Rebooting[DOUBLEPOST=1414968239][/DOUBLEPOST]Running as admin

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Should a total clean take this long?
    Without knowing how long "this long" is, I can't answer.

Why do you think that the tv server would suddenly not install?
    User error, probably selecting the wrong options in the installer or not running as admin.
    ...or maybe dirty uninstall, causing the installer to think it doesn't need to install/reinstall TV Server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom