Media Portal have parental control? (1 Viewer)

samduhman

December 4, 2005
Hello,

I was thinking about getting a tv tuner card for my kids computer. The only one I could find that has a v-chip/parental controls is the Avertv Pvr 150 Plus. If other tv tuner cards have parental controls they don't specify in their specifications. I was hoping the one on sale at Best Buy (ATI model) this week had it but I couldn't find anything on wether or not it had parental controls.....

Anyway back to the topic. The Avertv Pvr 150 is designed specifically for Windows XP Media Center 2005 operting system. My kids have Windows XP. The review I read said I could use Media Portal since i don't ahve Media Center 2005. So my question is will the parental controls of the Avertv Pvr 150 work with Media Portal. Being new to this tv on pc Im pretty clueless. So any advice would be great.

Thanks

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I don't know about vendor specific parental controls but you can assign PIN codes to music & movie folders as well as TV channel groups.

samduhman

December 4, 2005
cheezey said:
I don't know about vendor specific parental controls but you can assign PIN codes to music & movie folders as well as TV channel groups.

So from what you described the PIN codes in Media Portal can be used just like blocking channels on a tv witha v-chip? I can block channels on my tv and they cannot be viewed unless the code is entered

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
Never had any experience with a v-chip but yes you can block individual channels and groups of channels which can only be viewed by entering a pin code. Individual programs etc though is not a possibility at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom