Media portal MCE ir receiver/blaster setup (1 Viewer)

bigjohntoday

Portal Member
October 8, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello I have a MCE USb IR receiver/blaster (not sure if the receiver blasts but I assume for some reason it does)

IR server suite detects MCE and checks the receiver and transmit.

I have setup the TV3 blaster plugin and learned the IR commands, and STB setup to use the IR commands.

the problem is when I go to "blast" a command, it does not blast.

If I use debugclient, I can learn, and when I "blast" it says blast successful. but once again, the STB does not change channels and I assume nothing has been blasted as I don't even see any red LED light up on the MCE usb receiver.

the driver that is installed for the receiver is the ehome receiver driver

using media portal 1.2.3, Hauppauge HD-PVR.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I could never get IR server suite to work with my MCE reciever/blaster, LM remote worked ok. I had an HP branded device.

bigjohntoday

Portal Member
    October 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yea I am starting to wonder if my "receiver" is actually a receiver/blaster, since I don't actually have a seperate ir blaster cable.[DOUBLEPOST=1349806064][/DOUBLEPOST]Did you have to "donate" to be able to download the plugin so that media portal 1.2.3 would be able to blast channels changes?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    why would u even try to use the blaster if you don't have the IR emitter diode to plug into the receiver? that makes no sense.

It's like sitting in a row boat with no oars, waving your arms around in a circular motion, and wondering why you are not moving :D

Last edited:

bigjohntoday

Portal Member
    October 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I agree 100%, I guess I will move on to bigger better things, thanks for clearing this up.

I guess I will have to use the hauppauge ir blaster instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom