Media Portal - Only Software that doesn't see my card! (1 Viewer)

Freak

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Hi Guys, bought a Twin HD Tuner DVB-T card last week.....

And Media Portal is so far the ONLY piece of software that does not detect the BDA drivers or allow me to use the software... (XP64)

I downloaded NetFX64 and that allowed me to install Media Portal, however no TV card is detected.

Pretty disappointing, because every free shitty small DVB-t application iv'e run, has worked without a single issue. (despite them all having dozens of bugs) But every application detected the Tuner, why not MP?

Do i need some kind of special MP driver for my DVB-t card?

Is Media Portal BDA compliant?

Anything that anyone can suggest to get it working?

The card is a Dual Hyrbid S2 from Digial Now - I believe these are LifeView or TwinHan chipped cards.

http://digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/DNTVDualS2.html

Seem fairily similar to these ones:
http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/products/internal_tv/flydvbt_hybrid.htm

Any ideas?

PS: I just tried to download drivers in the drivers section and i get this message:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Drivers/TV-Cards/FlyDVB-TDuoorCardbusDuo/

I Get a message box with "_Not_Auth" listed when i click the link above.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Canberra
Home Country
are you running MP with the latest SVN and are you running the new tv engine or the old one? i know when i tried windows xp 64 bit i ran into problems as well i have a feeling 64 bit stuff is a bit flaky and correct me if i'm wrong devs that its not really supported to run under 64 bit OS

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    N77 is right. MP uses the "CaptureCardDefs.XML" file in the mediaportal directory.
    This is where the hardware id's for all supported cards have to be stored.
    This is being updated often. If you are using a stable release it may be worthwhile downloaded a recent SVN (work in progress build). If it still doens't pick up, then you need to follow the instructions found in the sticky thread "How to get your TV card supported".

Alternatively, if you are feeling adventurous, you can use the new version of MP with the TV Engine V3. This will pick up any TV tuner card that Windows can detect. It also has a lot of nice features like Client/Server and multiple recordings from the same TS in Digital.

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for replies guys..

I only downloaded the latest stable release, but i will now try the latest SVN and TV3. Thanks for the tips.

I don't think the XP64 issue is the problem, as 32bit software 'should' work as it would in 32bit Windows. As i've said i've tried half a dozen others, which all work without any issues.

Anyway thanks for the advice i will check the xml file and try out some later versions..

I notice that you guys are also from Australia, Melb and Canberra..

Are you running a Digital Now card with Media Portal?

EDIT: Used the latest SVN, and it now detects the Tuners, thanks for the help.

However i now don't have the My TV in the menu (did before) i just have My DVDs, My Pics etc, WTF?

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Just thought i'd add FIXED to my post.
    I have lots of problems with the current build, but these problems are now fixed.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i'm running a dvico fusion dvb-t plus card, i had some issues in the old days with xp 64bit because for some reason the filter name from graphedit had something slightly different with teh 64bit drivers from dvico compared to their 32bit drivers so the capturecarddefitiions.xml couldn't find the card.
    Have a look in the plugins section for My TV , for some reason if you do a clean install then a later svn straight away with configure i think My TV goines into plugins instead of home, so you need to go into Configuration.exe and then to plugins and set the tv plugin to be in home instead of plugins,
    hope that makes sense

johnyfalco

October 30, 2007
    Home Country
    I am new to MP and I could also use some help on getting my DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCI-E S2 card running in MP
    Here is the URL for the card http://www.digitalnow.com.au/product_pages/DNTVDualS2.html
    I am running Vista 32bit with MP 0.2.3RC
    In the MP configuration TELEVISION/CAPTURE CARD I have two entries that say Philips SAA7162 Hybrid Tuner 0 & Tuner 1
    but I am a bit confused on how to set up the channels in my area (Gold Coast) I have tried manually inputting the data for at least one channel but it doesnt seem to save it. When I go back to the configuration the previous data has "gone"
    I have successfully set up the DNTV Live software that comes with the card and can receive all the digital channels. I have also setup DNTV Scheduler PRo with all the channels and that works as it should.
    So how do I scan the channels in MP :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom