Media Portal TV Client - cannot view TV after video card upgrade (1 Viewer)

SteveFair

Portal Member
May 19, 2007
Home Country
Hi All,

I have Media Portal 1.13.0 Final on Win10.

Client and server are both on same PC.

I upgraded video card from NVidia Quadro (worked fine but slow) to Radon 5700.

Now I can't see TV in MP TV client - shows a black frame or black screen if in full screen.

I can still see all GUI elements in client.
I can make a recording and view the recording in VLC.

Anyone help me out here?

Logs attached.

possible culprit below?

[2016-04-16 11:43:03,763] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VolumeHandler: Mixer exception when init System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
[2016-04-16 11:43:11,138] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - DirectshowUtil. Failed to add filter:Default DirectSound Device to graph :Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040256 mscorlib at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindMoniker(IMoniker pmk, UInt32 grfOpt, Guid& iidResult, Object& ppvResult)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.BindToMoniker(String monikerName)
at DShowNET.Helper.DirectShowUtil.AddAudioRendererToGraph(IGraphBuilder graphBuilder, String strFilterName, Boolean setAsReferenceClock)
[2016-04-16 11:43:12,803] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed filter: not found
[2016-04-16 11:43:12,805] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Failed filter: not found
[2016-04-16 11:43:12,819] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - VolumeHandler: Mixer exception when init System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
at MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
at MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Steve

To solve the problem, install the driver for the 5700's HDMI audio output. At the time the log files were connected you had no audio outputs available. Without audio outputs, MediaPortal can't play TV.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello, i have these card too,
    none issue on MP
    first make sure, all drivers related to your previous nvidia was uninstalled,
    install last AMD drivers, legacy or Crimson edition, ( legacy are for me better, you keep Vidéo setting available ), for me none issue but not tested the hdmi output ! with audio as it's my work computer.

SteveFair

Portal Member
    May 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Steve

At the time the log files were connected you had no audio outputs available. Without audio outputs, MediaPortal can't play TV.

That was it. My speakers were unplugged at the PC end while I was installing the new card so sound was switched off line - no audio output.

Thanks so much to both of you for quick and spot on replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom