Media Portal + TV + ffdshow = not working (1 Viewer)

gherman

February 13, 2005
Hi,

I have Media Portal 0.1.3, ffdshow (20051009) and a PVR-150. I have tried all the possibilities but there is no way i can get ffdshow postprocessing on my tv picture. I get tv picture but no postprocessing. Any suggestions?

/G

whendrix

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Belgium
Graphedit can be get from HERE for example. It allows you to visualise which filters are being used by Media Portal and adjust some setting of filters.

Install Graphedit first, then start Media Portal and start watching TV. While MP is running with TV, start Graphedit, go to the file menu and there you should see an option that allows you to capture the filter graph used by MP.

You will immediately see if the ffdshow filter is in there or not.

Hope this helps,
Wim

civikdude

Portal Pro
March 17, 2005
U.S.A.
gherman said:
I have Media Portal 0.1.3, ffdshow (20051009) and a PVR-150. I have tried all the possibilities but there is no way i can get ffdshow postprocessing on my tv picture. I get tv picture but no postprocessing. Any suggestions?

Hi gherman,

Try using an older version of ffdshow, specifically ffdshow-20050406 if you can find it. Something disallows the newer versions from working with MP.

I have this version working with MyTV, postprocessing enabled.

Regards,
Aaron

gherman

February 13, 2005
The odd thing is that I can enable ffdshow in Media Player Classic but the CPU goes to 100%. (compared to same settings for DVD, the CPU is 40-60%)

Does not matter if i change frpm VMR9 to overlay... CPU still 100% and low fps.

/g

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom