Media Portal TV Locks Up after a Reboot (1 Viewer)

wlouise

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 5, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    I noticed that after a reboot MediaPortal locks up when trying to watch TV. Usually the TV will start OK but when I try to change channels or go to the guide the program locks up. In order to get it running trouble free again I have to go to the Windows Task Manager and kill MediaPortal and the TV Server process. Once I do that I can restart the TV Server and Media Portal and everything is fine.

After a lot of experimenting I found that if I delay start the TV Server for about 90 seconds after Windows 7 starts, and then start MediaPortal everything is fine. From what I'm seeing it seems that once the network connection is made I can start the TV server. I'm not sure if it really has anything to do with the network connection or it's just a coincidence but whenever I wait for my network connection to complete and then start the TV server, MediaPortal is stable.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start the TV server before the network connection has completed.
    2) Start MediaPortal
    3) Go to live TV
    4) Try doing different things like change channels, go to the guide, access the info for a program. After a few of these actions MediaPortal locks up.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    known problem - TV parts of MP communicate with each other via network, so for TV to work you NEED network to be ready.
    Some tips for working that problem around:
    1. if you use singleseat - use MS Loopback adapter http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...can_I_do_if_I_want_to_use_single_seat_only.3F
    2. You can set DB (MySQL or MSSQL) service to be dependent from NetMan service, so DB Service waits for network, and TVService waits for DB Service.
    3. If you use singleseat on W7+, then you can set start type of DB service and TV service to "autostart (delayed)" to get it started faster (they will not delay start of other services in that case)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom